Vehicle rips

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
fo0k

Re: Vehicle rips

Post by fo0k »

if the file extension is RFA and it opens with some piece of software, then extract that shit, shake it up and make something cool.

Is BG and FH scripting something different to what the rest of us have been learning, sharing and perfecting for the past 10 years?

maybe a question of whether the BG42 or FH team ever benefited from this website.. or another mod for example?
Given the caliber of the old timers - some of whom still post here - and the awesome mods that have been made over the past 10 years... I would guess so.. in some respect... at least once... a few values or a line of script..

Its easy to see how this approach could be interpreted as a touch elitist. I don't recall seeing anyone say no to a request like this before.. I've had at least a small mods worth of my work used by others, and many have had a few large mods worth.

I'm just having a bit of fun with this post really.. :) I don't think its a big deal to say 'no'... but, you do draw a bit of a line around yourselves.
Sarge31FR

Post by Sarge31FR »

If you had read my text properly, you should have noticed that i personally have no problem with someone looking at my code to learn from it or use it in his own, not to be distributed mod. I just said that i have to keep my promises, and if someone tells me "BG42 only" than this is were it will stay. It's as simple as that. I can't make decisions over someone else's head.

I'm NOT talking about taking some code out of a mod, i'm talking about ripping complete vehicles including meshes, textures, animations, sounds, icons etc.. That's a whole other story, not the same as "oh, those guys did exactly the coding i've been looking for, i'll use it as a base for my own work". I have no problem with that.

I hope this matter is now concluded once and for all ;)
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

heheh :) ok.