Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

The Battlefield Heroes conversion for BF1942 can be found here!
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Diamondback

Re: Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

Post by Diamondback »

Very interesting, will definetly give it a quick check once I have time!
See my Strasbourg map project here.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Classical Modder wrote:Very interesting, will definetly give it a quick check once I have time!
Its a good investment in time.
Apache have done a great work.
Im a little bit cry thats the last update v4.0.
Because new trenches Maps released for BF Heroes and they were be not converted for BF 1942.

I like to play the moon map with the Tanks, tanks you cannot move in the original thats one of the special.
And you have on one of the maps a little beauty cannon ship, which you can shoot bombs to the isle and move them here and there.
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Actually I'm going to release a v4.5 update to celebrate the free release of bf1942 and it will include the latest maps out right now. Fortress Frenzy and Dependent Day (that map that is based on Omaha Beach). Getting A.I working on Dependent Day will be tricky, but the other map shouldn't be to difficult to get working. I've already finished porting all the assets and soon start on the maps themselves.

I'm also planning on some updates to the winter maps and bringing in the cloud system to replace the BIK textured skyboxes used on the rain/snow maps.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
buschhans

wow, hope for new maps

Post by buschhans »

These are super good news. :-) Am curious how that will look new winter map based Omaha. The dynamic cloud system sounds exciting sometimes look to it as a result looks like when it is finished.
Get more maps?

For example:
Lake?
ruin?
smack?
dependant?
heat?
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Those are the "code names" of the maps in BFH. they don't nessecerily reperesent their actual name since that's defined in the localization file.

So for the ones you listed, they translate to the following:

Lake? = Buccaneer Bay
ruin? + Midnight Mayhem
smack? = Coastal Clash
dependant? = Inland Invasion
heat? = Riverside Rush

The two new maps I'm porting are these:

River = Fortress Frenzy
Dependent_Day = Inland Invasion

I use the localized name of the map when porting them to BF1942 since that's how (most) of BF1942 maps are structured. Also note that the two new maps I'm working on are the only ones that are new since the time I released the last version.
ImageImageImage
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Apache Thunder wrote:Those are the "code names" of the maps in BFH. they don't nessecerily reperesent their actual name since that's defined in the localization file.

So for the ones you listed, they translate to the following:

Lake? = Buccaneer Bay
ruin? + Midnight Mayhem
smack? = Coastal Clash
dependant? = Inland Invasion
heat? = Riverside Rush

The two new maps I'm porting are these:

River = Fortress Frenzy
Dependent_Day = Inland Invasion

I use the localized name of the map when porting them to BF1942 since that's how (most) of BF1942 maps are structured. Also note that the two new maps I'm working on are the only ones that are new since the time I released the last version.
Ok i wait for the next informations and the following update.:-)
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Did you have some new facts or material like a movie or pictures about the work?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I've finished adding a few small things. I might put something together tomorrow for a short video. ;)
ImageImageImage
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

I looked around a bit and saw you couldn't add the destructible tire on the back of the willy without problems. I woke up the next day with the dumbest idea.
Make the tire a PCO. I thought that it would just need no entrance points, and spawned with a spawner with the "ObjectTemplate.NrOfObjectToSpawn 1" and the "ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1." Very dumb, yes, but it should work, since the Ratte in secret weapons uses that idea for the gun ports.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

I like this picture, that makes me happy for the day.:)

I will check tomorrow or when you have time for upload is.:)
If we have enough stuff we can give it to moddb or bfgames for example?:)