BFV Modding

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
Scooby

BFV Modding

Post by Scooby »

Hi, I know this is a Battlefield 1942 forum but I wonder if someone could help with modding Battlefield Vietnam? :o

I am trying to mod some of the standard maps (Hastings, Game Warden etc) using Battlecraft Vietnam v1.2.4 - I am running Battlefield Vietnam v1.2. The thing is, when I try to add objects like helicopters, tanks etc I try and run the map and it always crashes????? I have no idea why and just can't seem to get it to run. Battlecraft allows me to mod the map, save the map etc. I just wonder if there is something I am doing wrong. I have looked at the on-line tutorials for Battlecraft Vietnam but they dont really tell you how to save/load etc.

Please help :?

Thanks

Scooby
Scooby

Re: BFV Modding

Post by Scooby »

OK, so after reading the tutorials and using an RFA tool instead of Battlecraft I have started to mod the BFV existing maps, I have started on Khe Sahn, I have added Objects like Mi8s and Hueys and they work fine, however I have tried to add objects - OH-6 and Quad 50 in the Objectsspawn.con and have changed phantom and cobra in the Objectsspawntemplates.con to be OH-6 and Quad50 respectivley. The problem I now have is that although the OH-6 and the Quad50 appear in the map - and you can use/fly them etc, once they are blown up they do not respawn, I have pasted the Objectsspawntemplates below, they look OK, but I guess I am missing something????? Can anyone help please?

rem -----------------------------------------
rem --- PhantomSpawner Now OH-6 ---
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner OH-6
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 OH-6
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 OH-6
ObjectTemplate.MinSpawnDelay 20
ObjectTemplate.MaxSpawnDelay 21
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 120
ObjectTemplate.Distance 200
ObjectTemplate.DamageWhenLost 0
ObjectTemplate.maxNrOfObjectSpawned 1
ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 0

rem --- CobraSpawner Now quad50---
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner Quad50
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 Quad50
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 Quad50
ObjectTemplate.MinSpawnDelay 20
ObjectTemplate.MaxSpawnDelay 21
ObjectTemplate.DamageWhenLost 0
ObjectTemplate.maxNrOfObjectSpawned 1
ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 0
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Never give the spawner template the same name as a PCO/vehicle. If you do, you'll end up with your spawner-placement looking like Object.create OH-6. This leads to the game engine just spawning a simple object and not the spawner.

Fix is easy: Rename your spawners to OH-6Spawner etc. and everything'll be peachy. :)
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Fantastic, thanks for the reply, I'll give it a go now and let you know!

Thanks again :D

Scooby
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Yes Senshi thats done the trick, brilliant, many thanks again !!

:D

Scooby
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Hi all, me again, I am trying to mod Khe Sahn and want to add OH06 Loaches into it, I am using the server side maps from v1.2. I can't seem to get the Loach to appear, I can get other helis in (Huey etc) but not the Loach, please see the code below, I am doing something wrong but just can't figure it out?????? Please Help !!! :(

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner PhantomSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 OH-6
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 OH-6
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelay 15

rem --- OH-6 LoachSpawner ---
Object.create OH6HeliSpawner
Object.absolutePosition 910.44/56.90/1252.94
Object.rotation 020.00/0.00/0.00
Object.setOSId 6
Object.setTeam 0
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Your object.create calls a spawner that has not been defined.

Templatename = PhantomSpawner
Spawnername = OH6HeliSpawner
Change "ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner PhantomSpawner" to "ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner OH6HeliSpawner" and it should work.
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

The problem is that as soon as I change the names of the objectspawntemplates to anything, even to ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner OH6Helispawner the game wont load and it comes up with a message 'corrupt data' I change it back to what it was and the game runs OK. I thought you just changed the ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 and ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 to be what ever object you wanted but left the template name the same as it was. Maybe its not working because I am calling the OH-6 by the wrong name? Perhaps the name is different on the server side? Is there a naming convention available for BFV server side?

Thanks for the reply by the way ;)

Scooby
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

You should have stated that you are interested in serverside modding (SSM) and not client side modding (CSM), as both differ vastly in their limitations and thus their approach sometimes.

I'm by no means an expert on SSM, but if you only want to CHANGE existing vehicles, you obviously only have to change the setObjectTemplate 1 and 2, correct. In that case, leave the Templatename and the "Object.create " name unchanged. The composition of these names is entirely unimportant, as they are only used to identify the template. You could call a spawner "GangnamStyle" and it still would work, as long as the remaining data is set correctly.