Using the debugger...

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Swaffy

Using the debugger...

Post by Swaffy »

I tried using the debugger today. Both in full-screen mode and windowed mode. But I failed at it.

My goal was to attempt to change the Willy's camera position, just to get a feel for the debugger and how it works. So I entered many different lines, all getting errors.

These are the lines I tried:
Object.active willy
Object.create willy
ObjectTemplate.active willy

I didn't try "ObjectTemplate.create willy" because I thought it would try to create a new object entirely. So how do I go about using this debugger? I searched a few places for something that could help but can't find anything. I found this topic (http://bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1 ... t=debugger) but it didn't help.

Every time I had to test and re-guess position coordinates, I simply started the game to test and shut it down to go edit the code for the hundredth++ time. I'm getting tired of doing this, and I am sure my fancy computer hates having to deal with the constant restarting of my game program. So, after 4 years, I've decided to work with the debugger.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Diamondback

Re: Using the debugger...

Post by Diamondback »

Sometimes simply running your game in windowed mode will give you an error prompt, with no debugger running. I'm curious about the actual abilities of this program.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Swaffy

Re: Using the debugger...

Post by Swaffy »

Classical Modder wrote:Sometimes simply running your game in windowed mode will give you an error prompt, with no debugger running. I'm curious about the actual abilities of this program.
No, the in-game command prompt is telling me there's an error with my syntax. That just means I don't know how to use it. ;)
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™