[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4871: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4874: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4875: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Battlefield 1942 Mods, Modding Tutorials. Forums and Mod Downloads. • View topic - How to setup ED42 for mods?

How to setup ED42 for mods?

If you know something thats not in here please share it

How to setup ED42 for mods?

Postby NUKE » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:40 pm

Hello everybody,

I would like to do some minor SSMs, like adding vehicles, adding weapon kits etc., for Desert Combat maps. Doing it with a simple text editor is possible, but I would like to directly see where I am placing the objects. I tried BC42, but I had too many problems with it (some maps would open, others not, on some I can see the objects, on others not,...) So now I wanted to try ED42. I followed the video tutorial about setting up ED42 and it works just fine with the base game. Unfortunately I didn't find any tutorials for usage with other mods. So I tried to extract the object.rfa, standardmesh.rfa and texture.rfa of the mods folders (DesertCombat and DC_Final) into the bfdev folder just as I did for the base game. For testing purposes I extracted the level El_Alamein from all three mods aswell. When I open the map, unluckily I don't see most of the objects. On few vehicles I can see the meshes, but without textures. Can somebody tell me how to set up ED42 correctly for mods, so I can see all the mod specific objects?
NUKE

Re: How to setup ED42 for mods?

Postby Vilespring » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:12 pm

Ed kinda does incomplete vehicle textures and meshes for some reason, by my experience.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Vilespring

Postby Swaffy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:35 am

Yeah ... sometimes my vehicles only show a MG turret instead of the hull. It's wonky sometimes.

And recently, I can't save a map without it crashing... so much for updating my mod's maps.
Swaffy

Postby Diamondback » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:41 am

Look out for map side archives as those will not show up in the map correctly. I know DC/DCF has a lot of objects which are run map side and this will make the objects invisible/with missing textures in ED42 if you haven't extracted the map side archives to your bfdev folder (you must do this manually, a lot of copy and paste). BC has the same problem.
See my Strasbourg map project
Diamondback

Return to Modding/Mapping Tutorials