I need to add more weapons into BF1942

If you know something thats not in here please share it
andoodle

Re: I need to add more weapons into BF1942

Post by andoodle »

Well, I have created my personal mod, and I told the mod to run everything from Battlefield 1942 and its expansion packs and mods (Forgotten Hope, Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon, and maybe, the FinnWars mod). I then copied the patched .rfa files, and I renamed them, so that they will be used in my mod. I then copied some maps from Battlefield 1942 into my mod's "levels" folder, and then I modded the Berlin map that was in my mod (I am doing that for my personal use only, and I do not intend on releasing my mod on the internet), so that the weapons that were used by the Volkssturm (from the Forgotten Hope mods, including Forgotten Hope: Secret Weapon), and the weapons that were used by the Russians (from Forgotten Hope) would be in the map. Unfortunately, the game said that it could not create a kit known as "Ger_AT45" (that's the kit that uses the Panzerfaust 100, and it's one of the kits that are exclusive to the "Berlin" map). What am I doing wrong?
OldGoodMan

Post by OldGoodMan »

Well, show us all files your weapon.
Maybe you forgot something.
example:
objects.rfa
-objects.con
-geomtry.con
-weapons.con
sounds.rfa
-knife-metal-1.wav
-knife-metal-2.wav
animations.rfa
-CommandoKnife.ske
-1pAnimationsTweakingMod.con
game.rfa
-damage_system/
- ObjectiveArmor.con
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I find it better just to put the weapon in my mod instead of trying to read it from other mods. Because if you want to read it from other mods, you basically have to load the entire mod. If you're trying to load FHSW and five other mods, you're probably going to overload your CPU, your computer, the earth, then space. FHSW is a huuuuge mod and takes a while on its own.

I learned the hard way to put new weapons in my mod, it took a lot of crashing and burning (and curse words). You want to start looking at the Objecs.rfa for the weapon first, that seems to be the focal point of all of the weapon's files where they are all called at. Code, animations, icons, meshes, textures, sounds, all that jazz. Oh, and the projectile.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
OldGoodMan

Post by OldGoodMan »

Yes, it is true!
andoodle

Post by andoodle »

Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I have managed to add some more weapons into my personal mod for Battlefield 1942 (I will not upload that mod onto the internet in any way), and those weapons includes the Sten from the Road to Rome expansion, the Enfield No. 2 revolver from the Forgotten Hope mod (I did that for my personal use only), and the Bren from the Secret Weapons of WWII for the British in North Africa. I put some proper animation code for those weapons into my mod for the game. However, when I started my personal mod for Battlefield 1942 by selecting it from the Custom Games section of the main menu via the debugger and started a level, it said that the firing animations (especially the animation for when you went prone) for the FM24/29 were not found in the "AnimationCameraShakesMod.con" file. What am I doing wrong? I would like to know. Thanks.
iamsausage

Post by iamsausage »

andoodle wrote:Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I have managed to add some more weapons into my personal mod for Battlefield 1942 (I will not upload that mod onto the internet in any way), and those weapons includes the Sten from the Road to Rome expansion, the Enfield No. 2 revolver from the Forgotten Hope mod (I did that for my personal use only) ...
I know this thread is a couple years old, but this bothers me. You want help from the community, but refuse to contribute to the community by sharing the result of your work. You're a taker, and expect everyone to be a giver. Even if it's crap, sharing it might help someone the way you expect to be helped.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

iamsausage wrote:I know this thread is a couple years old, but this bothers me. You want help from the community, but refuse to contribute to the community by sharing the result of your work. You're a taker, and expect everyone to be a giver. Even if it's crap, sharing it might help someone the way you expect to be helped.
And what contribution have you made, you prick? 2 posts and already whining about shit...

Andoodle make sure you have all the lines of code which set the speeds for the animations and also the copy lines which copy some anims from another weapon. Do a Ctrl+F on the weapon's name to find each line.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

iamsausage wrote:
andoodle wrote:Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I have managed to add some more weapons into my personal mod for Battlefield 1942 (I will not upload that mod onto the internet in any way), and those weapons includes the Sten from the Road to Rome expansion, the Enfield No. 2 revolver from the Forgotten Hope mod (I did that for my personal use only) ...
I know this thread is a couple years old, but this bothers me. You want help from the community, but refuse to contribute to the community by sharing the result of your work. You're a taker, and expect everyone to be a giver. Even if it's crap, sharing it might help someone the way you expect to be helped.
What's wrong with making a mod for personal use?
See my Strasbourg map project here.