Acer Aspire One netbook & bf1942

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Coroner47

Acer Aspire One netbook & bf1942

Post by Coroner47 »

I just picked up this little Acer Aspire One AOA110 lappers from work for $50 & bf 1942 doesn't seem to load on it. When i go to start bf the game starts up like theres an incorrectly named or corrupt map. It doesn't crash, give any message... just doesn't load anything, like ive got a corrupted map. Any ideas... anyone?

system specs
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbo ... 0sp2.shtml
mine has an 8gb SSD drive & 1.5GB RAM running clean install of windows xp pro w/ sp3, all drivers are current & directx 9.0c. ive tried it with a no-cd crack & without with same result & YES i have a legit original copy of the game.

Id be great to be able to code while at the pub :D
Pray hard, die fast
freddy

Re: Acer Aspire One netbook & bf1942

Post by freddy »

you could try start the game with the debugger, with a little luck it reports something instead of just shutting down
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

is it a fresh install from disk? :/
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

windows xp pro

Xp pro mean its 64bit?

WELL THURS YER PORBLEM

if it is indeed 64 bit,alot of times that will cause problems with the game,although they vary
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

Good call on the debugger! Although the spillout doesn't seem to give any answers to me. The spillout is very small & here it is.

BFMainNewRend\Setup.cpp(3484): Debug: BFMainNewRend: BF1942 (Ver: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:34:56)
BFMainNewRend\Setup.cpp(3485): Debug: BFMainNewRend: Running on computer ASPIREONE
BFMainNewRend\Setup.cpp(3490): Debug: BFMainNewRend: Log generated by the community debug executable.
Engine\Core\Locale.cpp(182): Debug: Core: Loaded lexicon "Mods/BF1942/lexiconAll.dat"
BFMainNewRend\Setup.cpp(7678): Warning: BFMainNewRend: number of custom games found: 3
Engine\Io\Console.cpp(1769): Debug: Io: CRC32: (run) Mods/bf1942/init.con
BFMainNewRend\RenderSetup.cpp(743): Debug: BFMainNewRend: release bink vertexBlock, refCnt=0
BFMainNewRend\Setup.cpp(5841): Warning: BFMainNewRend: geom::geometryTemplateManager->deleteAll() temporarly removed, must be put back in order to restart levels
Engine\RendShader\ShaderManager.cpp(152): Debug: RendShader: Unloading all shader sz:0
Engine\RendShader\ShaderManager.cpp(160): Debug: RendShader: Unloading all shaderBuilders sz:0
Engine\RendTexture\TextureManager.cpp(785): Debug: RendTexture: Unloading all textures.
Engine\RendTexture\TextureManager.cpp(798): Debug: RendTexture: Textures deleted: 0 of 0

maybe this line is saying something?
BFMainNewRend\Setup.cpp(5841): Warning: BFMainNewRend: geom::geometryTemplateManager->deleteAll() temporarly removed, must be put back in order to restart levels

anybody got any more suggestions? its xp pro 32bit

also ive installed bf1942 w/ updates 3 times. twice from orig cds & once from the cds that were copied to a SD Card. these cds work perfectly on my main lappers.
Pray hard, die fast
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

ahh 32 bit

well,no
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Engine\Io\Console.cpp(1769): Debug: Io: CRC32: (run) Mods/bf1942/init.con
BFMainNewRend\RenderSetup.cpp(743): Debug: BFMainNewRend: release bink vertexBlock, refCnt=0
This is where the game starts to unload...meaning the problem somehow lies in the init.con of Mods/bf1942.con, or more precisely: The inability of your laptop to read out this file for whatever reason...
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

The geometry template deleteAll message in the logs don't mean much. It says that in all the logs on a succesfull load or not, so just ignore it.

More then likely BF1942 won't work with the graphics card on that laptop. It could also be that there is no CD Drive and the game CTDs trying to access a non existent drive.

My sister owns this very same laptop and I tried to get BF1942 to run on it....Exact same problem that you have. :(
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
LightSpeed///

Post by LightSpeed/// »

no cd patch maybe?
AKA WhatThe
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

alright i got it running. lightspeed is right. the no-cd patch is the problem. tried a an image with daemon tools also ... didn't work either. bf only seems to run on this hunk of junk w/ the original cds in an external cd drive. bf is pretty laggy on this thing too. too bad... it would have been nice to sit at the pub & code. :cry:
Pray hard, die fast