Mapping contest

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
fo0k

Re: Mapping contest

Post by fo0k »

heheh.. I have my sources.

Mamba..

It's a great idea.. and I'm sure you will get support.. but you have to manage this and run it I think.

Probably worth forgetting about prizes at this point and just think about what kind of competition would attract people from all mods and corners of the bf1942 player/modder base.

The rules are most important and it needs a very unique theme to attract people. I personally like the idea of using only 1 terrain square and limiting the map to either just a knife map or knife and pistol map. that kind of thinking anyway.. at its core it needs to be simple to attract lots of people. really simple. r e a l l y.

thats my 8 cents.

Just shout out for specific help you need here and if theres anything you need bfmods.com to promote or host etc.
archer

Re: Mapping contest

Post by archer »

That's a great idea with this contest.

I think that maps should also be judged by actual players. Let some people play the map, gather data to see if sides are balanced, maybe gather several opinions and average them to see if players actually like the map. IMHO this would be just as important as all the technical details. You could make a visually stunning map with impressive textures / terrain / object placement / etc, but if it's unplayable then it's not a good map. Just a thought.
dzn.battlefield.pl - my Bf1942 modding website