Leaked BF3 Gameplay from GDC

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
motoko

Re: Leaked BF3 Gameplay from GDC

Post by motoko »

I wonder what DICE is thinking.. They try to get the old BF crowd, yet they continue to do things that we obviously don't want. Prime example is console support, however I understand they need money. I believe a true PC Game is one that is only on the PC and not hampered by consoles (when are they going to be replaced? Its been years). Whatever, if I buy this, its going to be a second week buy as I've lost faith in "PC Developers" after Crysis 2.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/f ... -episode-2

Man this second episode was AWFUL...

zzzzzZZZ.. :(

multiplay will be better..
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

"here take this zook. it's the only way your gonna kill that sniper. don't bother using your M4 & your own personal skills as a gamer because this sniper can only be killed by a rocket."

oooh foo-ee! =/
Pray hard, die fast
SgtJake

Post by SgtJake »

What I saw from the first part of the video is that it will use the stupid bullets in mag/bullets remaining rather than the bullets in mag/mags left like bf42 had. I can't stand how it just gives you the ability to drop your magazine on the ground and somehow keep those 20 remaining bullets.
freddy

Post by freddy »

that hurt my brain
motoko

Post by motoko »

SgtJake wrote:What I saw from the first part of the video is that it will use the stupid bullets in mag/bullets remaining rather than the bullets in mag/mags left like bf42 had. I can't stand how it just gives you the ability to drop your magazine on the ground and somehow keep those 20 remaining bullets.
1000 times this! Although, I must admit, I found the lack of this feature in Battlefield 1942/Vietnam annoying until I slowly got used to it.

Also, wonder if that building is real-time or scripted.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

All of the videos are in-game. Guys, you're not getting excited like you should be. I'm ecstatic about Battlefield 3, I just don't get why you people are so mellow about the release about Battlefield 3. You sound like those wimpy Call of Duty fans. "Meh. I'll try it, but I might not like it ... maybe I will, whatever. I'll get it if I like it. But it looks kind of shifty."
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

The problem is, is that it likely lacks the sandbox singleplayer that BF1942, BF2 had. While the gameplay videos look good, it may turn out to be crap when we actually get to play it. Sure the eye candy will still be there, but it won't matter if the gameplay quality sucks. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

Recently talked about BF3 with my clanmates. Most of them are like "i dont mod, so doesnt matter to me if it's moddable or not". What they don't seem to notice is that this is absolutely contradictory to the experience they have with BC2, namely walking the same routes, doing the same things, on the ever same maps. That were their own words.
So even if you don't mod, you benefit from those who do, because they can bring some much new into the game that YOU play. EA won't. As soon as BF3 is out, BC2 will go down so fast, it'll be off the chain! No new content, no new "mods" (like BC2:Vietnam), no nothing. It all will revolve around BF3 then and if you don't buy it, you might probably find yourself hanging around on empty BC2 servers. I'd even go so far as to pedict that average player numbers on BC2 will go below those of BF42. Seriously, would you be surprised?! And when that day comes, it's just another proof that these game buyers are not enthusiastic players anymore, but only victims of their addiction to the newest fancy gfx trash.

And then, there comes BF4. Swooosh... what was BF3 again?

Just my 2 Pfennige ;)
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

I heard that in BF4 you wont actually control the player. Instead a popup will ask you

'what would you like to do next?'

Press green to look towards the nice bloom coming from the window!
Press red to shoot the guy whose head pops up every 5.437 seconds!
Press yellow to run up the stairs, breach the door, enter the room and shoot everyone except the double agent!
Press blue to watch what you should do from 3rd person!

Actually.. you are probably right to a degree Swaffy.. heheh :)