[TIP] How to change default console key

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
yanapa

[TIP] How to change default console key

Post by yanapa »

Hi,

On some laptop keyboard, the default key (² or ~ or `) is not working. If you tried to change the default value (grave)

Code: Select all

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIToggleConsole IDFKeyboard IDKey_Grave c_CMNonRepetive
in the following file

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings\Profiles\Custom\Controls\Common.con
you will see that this parameter is always overriden and the console will not work.

The solution

Just unzip this in your Documents folder:
bf1942_consolekey.zip
Common.con file for console key
(2.34 KiB) Downloaded 1043 times
It will create the following file:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Battlefield 1942\mods\BF1942\Settings\Profiles\Custom\Controls\Common.con
This file is read by the bf1942.exe (for default settings ?) and will not override your settings.
In this file the console toggle action is mapped to the letter H, feel free to change it (to T by example):

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIToggleConsole IDFKeyboard IDKey_H c_CMNonRepetive
motoko

Re: [TIP] How to change default console key

Post by motoko »

Oh cool! I hate having to switch keyboards every time I wish to use the console due to my IME. I'll definitely have to try this!
freddy

Post by freddy »

could this be a way to add more inputkeys to the game? iwé been playing around with the controlmapping before but never got it to work, if i could add like just two buttons or even one weapon or/and engine input it would be golden.