Mario Kart mod coming to BF2!

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Apache Thunder

Mario Kart mod coming to BF2!

Post by Apache Thunder »

Well it looks like my BF1942 Mario Kart mod may be coming to BF2.

This morning I ported Mushroom Bridge (again has I had done it once before) with working alpha and fixed normals this time. Then I just now finished porting the toad kart vehicle to BF2 and it's fully functional. I still need to add the rear seat position and the weapon firearms, but other then that the major work on it is done. I will then move on to porting the koopa shell weapon as well. (I have already ported the banana peel)

So far got one map, the vehicle, and one weapon ported, If there's any interest I may make this it's own mod. Currently it is tied into my BFH conversion mod and haven't yet branched it off into it's own mod yet as there isn't enough content yet.

Video for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiJbQUoQ-Qo

I will try and port all the maps to BF2. But it will be more time consuming then it was to port them from Mario Kart into BF1942 as BF2 is a bit picky and requires more time to get right. :P

Luigi Circuit has quite a few animated stuff in it, so I will do that one last.

I might even be able to get the kit parts ported too as I have a general idea on how to export a new kit and will try that sometime after I finish the maps and handweapons.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
fo0k

Re: Mario Kart mod coming to BF2!

Post by fo0k »

lolled as normal :)

looks like nice slidy movement on the cars.. we (interstate folk) tried many times with BF2 car physics to get a good racing feeling but never could beat trusty '42... however for a mario feel it does look pretty good.
Apache Thunder

Re: Mario Kart mod coming to BF2!

Post by Apache Thunder »

It seems I can't get BF2 to emulate snow FX like I could with BF1942. :(

BF2 has this nasty habit of spawning the snow particles, then stopping for a moment then restarting. So it snows off and on and looks like crap. Even tried snow someone else made and used the ambient effect coding BF2 has and it still looks like crap. :P

On the plus side the winter maps should look great in BF1942. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!