I need some critiques!

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
mrhowdoimodClassic

I need some critiques!

Post by mrhowdoimodClassic »

Alright, well I still never solved my "transparent texture" issue so I decided to move onto making an ACR. So far here is my progress and I plan on getting down and dirty into the textures at a later time, but for now, i'll just show the render. If anyone sees problems with scale or something appears to be missing or just something looks off I'd like to know. (except for the stock, I know it blows)

and as of now I might change the stock. not sure yet, I mean it's basically never seen anyways.. but I'm just dying to put this baby in game.

Also, once again, if anyone's interested in joining a small SP custom mod for bf2 please let me know! I'd love to have someone else along for the ride.

And a note to any mods, if I wanted to make a post with my ongoing content for this mod where would you like me to post it? thanks so much.

John
HJGF

Re: I need some critiques!

Post by HJGF »

really good job dude I love it it looks really nice hope you have some interest in GF http://gfmod.com/forums/index.php :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mrhowdoimodClassic

Anyone Interested in this?

Post by mrhowdoimodClassic »

Sorry pal, I'm really only interested in bf2 mods, especially single player ones. Well I'm here with an update on the ACR and since the admins/mods never responded to where I can (or even if I can have) make a post with the ongoing content that's going into my mod I guess I'll just continue here.

I'd like to say that the main reason I'm going to be posting my content here (if this is allowed?) is that I'm looking for a partner or two to help with the mod, especially just a coder (one that understands effects well or can learn about them). I can do mostly anything else. but I'm hoping that ongoing progress reports will entice someone to join. I don't know, maybe no one likes single player mods? I find them much for entertaining and flexible for modding.

Spec_Ops Mod details/content
(If anyone cares enough to read this)

--New Weapons--
  • ACR - (almost complete)
  • MP7 - (not complete)
  • FAMAS - (not complete)
  • Semtex - (going to work hard on making sure that this still isn't possible, it still seems up in the air)
  • An weapon that allows you to place an object that determines your next spawn point - (looking into)
--Weapon upgrades--
  • Give all Assault Rifles/Sniper Rifles bullet streams (half way complete)
  • Edit weapon materials to all do extra (almost realistic) damage (mostly complete)
--Vehicle Upgrades--
  • Increase land vehicle speed - (not complete)
  • Increase weapon damage - (mostly complete)
--New Maps--
  • Small 32 player SP maps, with objective and a new survival game type (working on survival game type map(s))
--General Upgrades--
  • Heavy Blood effects/decals - (complete)
  • Increase soldier speed, sprint length - (complete)
And more as I think of them. I think these upgrades/changes will improve the game into a more intense and specialized FPS.

Anyways, if anyone does look at this maybe it'll inspire them to join and help out, I mean if anyone's good at coding for bf2 I'd love the help, and especially another artist!

But here's the ACR progress, next step, animation:

Nikoagonistes

Post by Nikoagonistes »

Well, I for one am glad someone's doing an ACR for BF2 instead of just a Masada. ;)

Pretty good model (the "bad" stock doesn't bother me since - as you mentioned - nobody's really going to be looking at it anyway), though I'm not too wild about the texture - it's alright for a temporary skin, but a permenant texture should take into account all the details, text etc. on the gun.

How do you plan on solving the whole "holographic sight" problem? My personal recommendation would to make it a red dot site a la vanilla BF2's M4. AIX2 tried to solve the problem by placing the sight directly on the transparent frame itself, a solution which IMO didn't exactly work.

Nonetheless your model looks excellent (except for maybe the stock ;) ) and I look forward to your progress. As to whether I'll join your mod, I'm not sure - you have "Heavy Blood effects/decals," and I am not a fan of blood and gore. However, I am working on a 512x512 US vs. Chinese map, and you're free to use it in your mod if you want to. :)

P.S. Have you checked out battlefieldsingleplayer.com? You'll find a dedicated SP community there, and maybe some support for your mod.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Hmm....could you re-render the screenshot? Black guns on black background are hard to see. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Archimonday

Post by Archimonday »

You've come a long way since your first models, these really look good!
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Oh, this is for BF2.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™