Custom map on new server probs BFV

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Taxman

Custom map on new server probs BFV

Post by Taxman »

Hi, Some help needed.
I just started a new Aussie clan custom scrimming server for BFV and am having a prob with my custom map.
When i run the map locally everything runs perfectly, But when i uploaded it to the server the U.S team is vietcong???? Everything says its U.S except the players arent.
Locally the flags are U.S and NVA but on the server they are just Red and Blue??? WTF??
Ive checked the init.con and its not the map, something is happening between uploading the map to the server.
Anyhelp would be awsome fellas.
Cheers.
Tax.
fo0k

Re: Custom map on new server probs BFV

Post by fo0k »

Hi Tax, I'm not the bfv pro but check your controlpointtemplates too to make sure teams are correct. If it's a custom map make sure it's not calling info from another map you have locally which is not on the server.. Little errors like that can occur if you have missed something.
Welcome to the site! Good to have some Aussie on here :)

I'm a Brit but currently doing an Aussie tax return from some work I did there earlier this year.. It's a sign.. Maybe..
Taxman

Post by Taxman »

Thanx mate, Yeah ive checked the control templates, Its not the map its something else.

The server is custom combat so maybe its that? Maybe have to set it to conquest or something?

Any pros on here? would be good.

As for the sign hehe maybe mate :)
motoko

Post by motoko »

Custom Combat = flags are Red and Blue instead of the traditional US/NVA coloured flags. Also, the default for Custom Combat is Vietcong vs NVA; Try disabling it and your problem shall most likely be resolved.