BF1942 Filter.con Error?

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Crimson_Raptor

BF1942 Filter.con Error?

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

Okay I'm not really sure what happened but i can no longer see any Battlefield games using the ingame server browser. The situation occured when I loaded up the stock '42 game, and then clicked multiplay and internet and the servers started populated. I think I alt-tabbed out of the game and answered something in Yahoo Messenger, then I lost internet connection for a minute or so. I fixed it then got back in the game and all my servers appeared (the ones that had populated) but then disappeared!?

Naturally i was confused by this and clicked the update button and my game freaked out and froze! I could get to windows and click around like normal but BF1942 was not responsding so I tried getting out and couldn't (Windows fun!) and then eventually stopped it from running with Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Unfortunately everytime I went to the multiply/internet tabs, it would freeze up, and after a few minutes of, I'm guessing timing itself out, it would make the Battlefield click and nothing would show up.

Of course I uninstalled, and deleted all personal profile files associated within the root directory so nothing was left behind before reinstalling and that has not fixed the issue. I don't know what to do guys and girls. I am able add server and join via direct ip address. While playing online, I hit esc tried to see it in the server browser and it wasn't there, even with the filter cleared or not. When I went back into the server, I looked at the console and saw the following:

Okay, crap, looks like you can't take a screenshot of the console ingame

There's an error with my filter.con, for some reason it's not working or is formatted properly. I'm curious to see if someone could attach the 393 byte file in one of their posts or private message me with it, but using the clear filter button and then update to see them all.

Any thoughts anyone?
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
Jeronimo

Re: BF1942 Filter.con Error?

Post by Jeronimo »

I don't quite understand why you need the filter.con, anyway, here's mine:
Filter.con wrote:rem *** Saved Filters ***
game.setServerFilter ""
game.setPlayersFilter ""
game.setPingFilter ""
game.setGameTypeFilter ""
game.setMapFilter ""
game.setNonPasswordOnlyFilter 0
game.setDedicatedOnlyFilter 0
game.setNonEmptyOnlyFilter 0
game.setFavoritesOnlyFilter 0
game.setPureOnlyFilter 0
game.setOfficialStatsOnlyFilter 0
game.setPunkbusterOnlyFilter 0
game.setCustomGameFilter ""
For the ingame server browser, this is because master.gamespy.com is down due to maintenance. See this topic.
Crimson_Raptor

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

Ah Xfire let me take a screenshot of the console ingame.

Editing the Filter.con to match yours didn't fix it, crap!

Oh no! Are you sayng this is gamespy itself? Are they down just for server maintenance or are they dropping support for Battlefield 1942?!
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
Crimson_Raptor

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

Oh thank god! The issue was resolved, it was gamespy arcade server down time. I don't know what I'd do without my 1942! *sniffles* How I love thee! :ugeek: