BF1942 Server Browser packed up? :O

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
fo0k

BF1942 Server Browser packed up? :O

Post by fo0k »

For probably the first time I can remember the Server Browser has died... I hope it comes back and is not a sign of things to come..

Try it yourself.. (Hopefully returns by the time you read this)

oh noes.

edit:

(From Moongamers.com)

BF1942 game freezing? Servers not showing up?

GameSpy did some maintenance work on their servers and have been having some difficulties since that time.
Jeronimo

Re: BF1942 Server Browser packed up? :O

Post by Jeronimo »

Yeah, seems like Gamespy moved some servers.

http://www.bf-games.net/readnews/9821/k ... rstag.html

The page of the link is in german, it says that BF2 and 2142 servers cant be found from 07:00 to 13:00 GMT+1 (22:00 to 04:00 Pacific Daylight Time) on thursday. Maybe, as the 'usual' difficulties with such things, it takes 300% of the planned time and takes down 200% of the planned games xD
hardrock

Re: BF1942 Server Browser packed up? :O

Post by hardrock »

i started having problems yesterday at around 9am edt. started the game, got to the main console, clicked on "internet" and nothing happened. :( so, i thought maybe it was my pc, came out of the console, ran several programs to clean and check for spyware, malware etc., then restarted with the same results, froze. then i restarted and tried single player and it worked, so i thought it may be something in my internet connections, looked for a while and found nothing. eventually i started xfire, pulled up the server lists and joined, crossing my fingers. voila! havent tried it as of yet this morning, but will, and hope this community, which i have been away from for a while, will hopefully come up with more info. keep up the good work yall, i still think to this day this is one of the best games ever. peace and love to you and yours!!!