ju52

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Bonaparte

ju52

Post by Bonaparte »

I need to do a little fix to the ju52 in forgotten hope 1. How do i make it stay in the air until someone spawns in it? And how do i make it spawnable?
Jeronimo

Re: ju52

Post by Jeronimo »

1. Set the objectSpawner to "holdObject":

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1
2. Find a suitbale objectSpawner in ObjectSpawnTemplates.con and put the ju52 in there.
freddy

Post by freddy »

should be possible more or less
freddy

Post by freddy »

well with more or less im thinking of the old trick to add a spawner to a rotational bundle (like a radar) but that will ofcourse not fly exactly in a straight line, or you can use the floater trick and setting one or more engines as rocketengines wich will make them always on (more or less) but in this last example you loose the normal flight charasteristics of the plane

there may be more ways to do it, the ones i wrote is ssm codeing but if its csm there should be even more options
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

You can try changing the engine type to c_ETRocket. Then the engine would turn on even with the vehicle empty. Also you would need to add the Fowardmod setting so the plane spawns with it already moving foward. Getting it to fly stable on it's own may be tricky. Also note that the plane will never turn or do circles or anything other then flying straight if you go this route. (unless the plane spawns too slow or wrong angle, then it could fly out of control into the ground somewhere. :P )

You might be able to make the plane do a curved flight if you spawn the plane pitched to the side a tiny bit. But it will probably never do a full circle or change direction.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
freddy

Post by freddy »

the B17 drags to left in its original form/shape, its just a tiny bit but it is there, dont ask me why :)

i remember a post where someone had coded a airstike you could call from a bunker, thats looked pretty cool. wonder how long they came with that.
Bonaparte

Post by Bonaparte »

Can someone please do this for me, i dont know why but everytime i try it in my map it crashes.

http://www.paste.fi/file/1279626174670 This is the original Forgotten hope 1 file!