Win7 Ultimate 64

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
motoko

Win7 Ultimate 64

Post by motoko »

Does Win7 Ultimate 64-bit use a different method of registry? I copied my battlefield folder to a external along with the registry keys; copied back to the HD on 64 bit platform and successfully added the keys, but the language is English and it's annoying to translate it for my cousin when he constantly asks.
Master Jay

Re: Win7 Ultimate 64

Post by Master Jay »

i run off this kind of window to :) and it dose use different registry not sure of the other one
Im Watching You... When You Sleep!
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

I would say it's better to just reinstall from disc images and then just copy over your mod folders.. Install of 42 on a 64bit machine takes me a couple of mins from mount to run :)
motoko

Post by motoko »

fo0k wrote:I would say it's better to just reinstall from disc images and then just copy over your mod folders.. Install of 42 on a 64bit machine takes me a couple of mins from mount to run :)
Problem is, my back-up images are corrupt(I guess) and when I install from them, I would always get "Data Differs"; it also seems I miss placed my 5th disc, so I can't reinstall from there....
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Yes, registry is different. All x86 programs' registry (like BF42) is not read from HKLM\Software\ , but from HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\

Just put your registry files there and you are good to go.
motoko

Post by motoko »

Senshi wrote:Yes, registry is different. All x86 programs' registry (like BF42) is not read from HKLM\Software\ , but from HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\

Just put your registry files there and you are good to go.
Ah! Thank you so much senshi.
motoko

Post by motoko »

Have any of you ever encounter a problem where you start up your Battlefield, and instead of the usual menu or intro, it keeps restarting like when a map changes?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Check and see if your have "Blackscreen.exe" in your game directory. The game uses that for the BF42 logo you see when you first start the game and during map change. So perhaps it is missing or corrupt.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!