Battlecraft Help Please

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Master Jay

Battlecraft Help Please

Post by Master Jay »

Hello People, I have downloaded Battlecraft 1942 because i wanted to make my clan a map, but thats not the thing,

the thing is when i open Battlecraft 1942 i open a level or try to make a level i get to the part when it open the map or new map then i just see white land nothing else and then in a few second's my whole screen will go black! and i cant do nothing so i have to shut down my computer then start it right up again :evil:

i tried running battlecraft on admin
i tried useing the disk

im running off "Window's 7" (x64)

can some tall me problem?
Im Watching You... When You Sleep!
fo0k

Re: Battlecraft Help Please

Post by fo0k »

Sounds serious.. Update gfx drivers.. And get latest direct x.
Do you have same prob with any other games/applications?
mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

yeah ive had this problem b4. ive updated gfx card but no luck.. results in pc never starting again lol...
you should have a dual operating system with xp pro sp2 or sp3 and win 7

i need to use xp to use bc or bcv
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

Master Jay wrote:Hello People, I have downloaded Battlecraft 1942 because i wanted to make my clan a map, but thats not the thing,

the thing is when i open Battlecraft 1942 i open a level or try to make a level i get to the part when it open the map or new map then i just see white land nothing else and then in a few second's my whole screen will go black! and i cant do nothing so i have to shut down my computer then start it right up again :evil:

i tried running battlecraft on admin
i tried useing the disk

im running off "Window's 7" (x64)

can some tall me problem?
I have a feeling the problem might be the CPU on your computer. When the x64 cpu came out alot of software would not run it do to that the drivers for the 64 wasn't backwards compatable. A friend of mine had this problem with the computer I build for her. She wanted and paid for the X64 cpu, motherboard, 4 gigs of ram and the best sound and video cards that was out at the time that was X64 compatable. I install XP 64 OS on it then we spent the next few weeks trying to find software that would run on the darn thing to replace things like MSN and Yahoo Messenger that wouldn't run on it. BC42 was written before the 64 came out so there might be files in the software that the X64 drivers won't work with. I had to install a video drive that was made in 2004 because the newest driver for my computer that died was made in 2006 and would crash BC42 and BCV.
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
Master Jay

Post by Master Jay »

fo0k wrote:Sounds serious.. Update gfx drivers.. And get latest direct x.

can you tall me how to update my gfx drivers and get direct x.

Also My Computer Let Me Play Games.....
motoko

Post by motoko »

Master Jay wrote:
fo0k wrote:Sounds serious.. Update gfx drivers.. And get latest direct x.

can you tall me how to update my gfx drivers and get direct x.

Also My Computer Let Me Play Games.....
Find out what video card you have and go to the respected corporations website for the drivers(most likely in the support section). For DirectX, you should just google it.
freddy

Post by freddy »

Kuyong_Chuin wrote: I had to install a video drive that was made in 2004 because the newest driver for my computer that died was made in 2006 and would crash BC42 and BCV.
thanks for confirming this, i take it this was an Intel graphic card?

the question "help bc crashes" has been up some many times over the years, mostly from guys with a laptop with inbuilt Intel graphics.
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

freddy wrote:
Kuyong_Chuin wrote: I had to install a video drive that was made in 2004 because the newest driver for my computer that died was made in 2006 and would crash BC42 and BCV.
thanks for confirming this, i take it this was an Intel graphic card?

the question "help bc crashes" has been up some many times over the years, mostly from guys with a laptop with inbuilt Intel graphics.

Yes it was how did you guess? :lol: In a Dell Latitude 110L
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
Master Jay

Post by Master Jay »

i updated my Update gfx drivers... still have same problem :( i only have 1gb so maybe i need more ram
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

Master Jay wrote:i updated my Update gfx drivers... still have same problem :( i only have 1gb so maybe i need more ram
1gb is more than enough to run BC. This laptop has half that and it runs on it. The video card only has 64 megs shared ram and it still works. Try this from the research I did most on the folks that had problems with it like you are fixed it like this. Download and install windowss 7 xp compatibility mode software from here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ws-xp-mode Then run BC in compatibility mode. Some of them had the Navdia 8800 vid card and the drivers for it was the problem. Good Luck I hope it works.