Which Bit Is Better For 7

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things

Which Bit Is Better For 7

Postby Master Jay » Tue May 18, 2010 2:16 am

Hey Guys, i have bought a windows 7 and it came with x32 bit and x64 bit and i wannna no which one is better..... :? :idea:
Image
Im Watching You... When You Sleep!
Master Jay
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Re: Which Bit Is Better For 7

Postby mikex222 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:42 am

Master Jay wrote:Hey Guys, i have bought a windows 7 and it came with x32 bit and x64 bit and i wannna no which one is better..... :? :idea:


well, most programs are in 32bit. so if you get the 64bit version you wont be able use a few software that u like....
ive got the 32 bit version lol
wish i had the 64 bit version 2... runs heaps better
but the 32bit version is sweet as... just cant use bc and bcv.
Image
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.
User avatar
mikex222
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: Which Bit Is Better For 7

Postby Master Jay » Tue May 18, 2010 3:35 pm

i cant use battlecraft with x32!!!!
Image
Im Watching You... When You Sleep!
Master Jay
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Re: Which Bit Is Better For 7

Postby Senshi » Tue May 18, 2010 5:22 pm

Mike, don't say stuff that you apparently have no idea about... :roll:

Win7 64bit supports 99% of all 32bit applications. And the remaining 1% works with use of compatibility modes. I use Win7 64bit since release day and it works flawlessly with every program up to today. However, 64bit has many advantages over 32bit. Better (and more) RAM usage, better speed in applications designed for 64bit, to name the two most important ones. There really is no reason to use x32.
User avatar
Senshi
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:14 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Which Bit Is Better For 7

Postby mikex222 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:38 pm

ROFL my friend must have stuffed up his then... he cant use much 32 software for some reason
oh well sorry bout that
Image
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.
User avatar
mikex222
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: Which Bit Is Better For 7

Postby Master Jay » Tue May 18, 2010 11:03 pm

so x64? ok
Image
Im Watching You... When You Sleep!
Master Jay
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Re: Which Bit Is Better For 7

Postby mikex222 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:23 am

ya id say install it.
Image
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.
User avatar
mikex222
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: Which Bit Is Better For 7

Postby motoko » Wed May 19, 2010 2:51 am

Master Jay wrote:so x64? ok

It also depends on if your computer's processor can handle x64. If it's an older computer, it's most likely compatible with x86 instead of x64.
User avatar
motoko
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:43 pm
Location: Dante's 6th Pit of Hell

Re: Which Bit Is Better For 7

Postby Senshi » Wed May 19, 2010 10:46 am

Well, if you have a CPU that was forged by a royal blacksmith in the Dark Ages, that might be true. But about every hardware produced in the last five to ten years should have no problem with x64.
User avatar
Senshi
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:14 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Which Bit Is Better For 7

Postby Master Jay » Wed May 19, 2010 2:54 pm

i just did it and took x64 bit works great :D but i think i gonna need more ram.. because when i play bf1942 my ping is 153 and when i play on my laptop its 43 so i think i need a 4gb of ram.. i think that will be good
Image
Im Watching You... When You Sleep!
Master Jay
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Next

Return to General discussion & notices

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron