Comptuer Woes!!!

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Kuyong_Chuin

Comptuer Woes!!!

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

Bad news Guys, As I told you in another thead my computers windows crashed and I had to reinstall everything. The good news was that Battlecraft was working again and I had 3ds Max and gmax reinstalled and sort of had my photoshop reinstalled but I can't find my paperwork to activate it. The computer was working faster than it has in years. Then the storm came and I shut the computer down and unhooded everything or so I thought, I forgot to unhook the phoneline. After the storm was over and I had gotten so much needed rest. I hooked the computer back up and turned it on and what do I see? A Dell Logo and a bunch of white thin fickering bars going across my screen and some very tiny numbers scrolling up and nothing else. I can't get it to do anything but that. The DVD and HD fireup but I can't boot to HD, Disk, usb, or even the bios setup. I have taken the whole thing apart and put it back together again and the only thing I see is the LCD Video card ir discolored and the shield that covers it is discolored too. To make even a longer story shorter, I do not know how long before or if it can be fixxed since the warranty has expired and I don't have the money to replace the motherboard or buy a PCI Card for it so I can't do anything for the near future. I'm typing this on an old desktop of mine that I gave may dad years ago. It is basicily an internet machine not much more than that. It will not run any of my software it is to old. It was a 486SX2 when i bought it 18+ years ago and I upgraded it to a 60Mhz Pentium 1. It has a whopping big for it's time 420 Meg HD. Yes I said Meg not Gig. Needless to say the fastest thing on it is the US robotics 56.6kps WinModem that I bought for it when it first came out and 64 megs of ram. Soundblaster 16 Pro soundcard and a Super VGA Video card. I'll check in when I can and if I get my computer working I'll let you know. Wish me luck I'm going to need it.
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
Master Jay

Re: Comptuer Woes!!!

Post by Master Jay »

i would like to help but in every topic you make have so many words lol and im way to lazy to read it :D
Im Watching You... When You Sleep!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Then it would be best that you not reply to the thread until you do read it. ;)

On topic, I feel your pain. Up untill 3 or 4 years ago, all I had for a computer were old dinosaurs. No joke, I once had a computer that was OLDER then ME. It was larger then my TV and did not even have a harddrive. :P

Best of luck to you. If your lucky your HD might still work once you do get it in a new machine. (by the way does the harddrive work in your old machine? Perhaps you can retrieve your data from it, unless it's the newer SATA drives. Even with an adapter it might not work anyway as the old machines can sometimes have BIOS limits that prevent using large drives in them)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

dang man that sucks
Mapper/map textureing/design....

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

by the way does the harddrive work in your old machine?
I wish it would but a laptop HD won't work on a desktop. As for the Data it is fine I have all the data and model files on my external 250 Gig HD. I just can't use it on this old machine. No USB drive on it. :( Good News is my nephew is bringing me the two old machines that I bought him and his sister in 2004 they both have new laptop computers now. My Niece is in College now and my Nephew is in the Army and is being transfered to Fort Campbell and into the 101st Airborne Division. So nether needs the old desktops If I combined the ram and the HD's of the two into one machine I should have something to work on.
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

Goodnews guys, My cousins old laptop is still here and she said I could use it. The video card is a bare min but it is working and I'm fixxing it up now to do some modding.