whats happened at ServerSideModding.com?

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
fo0k

whats happened at ServerSideModding.com?

Post by fo0k »

wtf happened.. is admin just Y2?
Last edited by fo0k on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senshi

Re: what happened at SSM.com?

Post by Senshi »

I'm not sure, as most aren't.

Apparently the site has been taken over hostile by somebody who claims to have received it by W2K legally.

Hints why this is a hostile takeover:
-W2K wouldn't let this announce by somebody else (of course, that's only a guess by me)
-Admin rights of W2K have been revoked, he has been demoted to a "regular" member (pretty fishy, I think...no reason to do that if this was legal)
-immediate activation of ads in the forum, which is a policy W2K never would have agreed to
-no answer by Administrator on multiple complaints and questions by users who suspected
-topics and posts concerning the illegitimacy of Administrator's admin rights have all been deleted...even my sig was changed when I added a complaint there

I just hope W2K manages to retake the website soon and end this mess...in the meantime, I'll gladly switch to your "emergency"-board. Have you informed all the other members as well?
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

It doesnt stack up.. seems almost like Y2 has done this but doesnt want the kickback directed at him..

Why would someone do a takeover of ssm?
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Well, ssm.com has been attacked several times in the past. Maybe someone who has a beef with why? Or is just a plain dumbass?

I actually google'd why's name (ryan vel...whoshewhatsit) and found his facebook. He accepted my request but hasn't replied. I'm curious to see if he will. :|
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

also if you do a whois on ssm.com Ryan is still the owner.. nothing has changed hands.

http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domai ... id=godaddy

main concern is that the whole site just dissappears.. it feels a bit unstable at present with the Robot Overlord in charge
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

its total bs I know that
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

In my eyes it seems Ryan is just not there atm. I don't know if he has actually transferred the site to Robo or not.
But there's something I find very suspicious: Why does he immediatly delete every sign of "dissent" concerning the site administration? I mean, he also could have just answered or get W2K to say something and everybody would be fine here. And I doubt anyone would have problems with the ad-adding if W2K has money issues...I mean, we always were a pretty open community and W2K kept censorship to a very minimum and was very community-friendly, always explaining if stuff was going on and if sth. was going to change.

On the other hand, I don't understand why anyone would put through the effort to take over this site and do nothing besides adding ads. Pretty poor way of earning money, isn't it?

But the first issue pretty much crashed my trust in the stability of the new SSM "admin" to zero. Ignoring users who request some form of validation of his claim is not really good politics.
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

The guys a total lie even the email you get from ssm now is

"[email protected]." <[email protected].>

This guys a fucking cheat anyone who knows how to hack the forums I have the tools available but I cant seem to do it right despite my attempts
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

somebody must have an email or msn for ryan..? s o m e b o d y ... was he a very private (ryan) kinda guy?

I do think its weird to hack a site and then put up advertising though! pretty weird commercial thinking..
freddy

Post by freddy »

most of my new posts at ssm.com has been deleted, one was gone in a matter of seconds after i wrote it.