whats happened at ServerSideModding.com?

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Iced Earth

Re: whats happened at ServerSideModding.com?

Post by Iced Earth »

The user "Admin" is browsing this forum and its creeping me out...lol.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

lol.. just tweakin stuff
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

well i think before anything happens, just in case, im gonna download all of ssm.com. Yes all of it. :lol: httrack ftw!
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

be good to store that stuff. its not good to have it all in that hands of someone with purely a financial interest in the site :/ its a shame.
RuBBa_cHiKiN

Post by RuBBa_cHiKiN »

I may not be the best when it comes to serverside stuff, but I'll try to help out as best I can when it comes to clientside issues. :)
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

I VOTE THIS THE NEW SSM
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

hopefully the new 'everything'modding.com :)

and yeah im not a good ssmodder.. im all about the csm so need the ssm skills here.
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

A backup of SSM.com would really be appreciated. It has become a huge repository of knowledge over the years, especiall for SSM stuff, but also quite a lot of CSM stuff. And especially it's stuff that's not "everyday", there is some pretty smart Q&A and many advanced troubleshooting and coding to find there.

Really a pity SSM now has the stain of unreliability...would be a huge setback if one day SSM would go down without a word and without a solid backup for the community.

But please don't give out too many admin&mod rights! Keep them tight and only expand the team as necessary. If you feel you can't keep the administrative and moderative stuff up yourself expand the team one by one, and pick wisely. It's good to have some hands to spread the workload, but too many cooks ruin the meal, as we say in Germany (rough translation of a proverb)...

But it would definitely be wise to set up multiple sub-forums to categorize the topics from the start.

I suggest separate SSM and CSM sub-forums for each game. Perhaps a tut section too.

And one "showcase" forum should be in too, at least. We love to brag! 8-)
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Have no fear Senshi!

Downloading ssm.com as we speak! Every single thread. I will upload it as a mirror somewhere, but also distribute the .ZIP if needed. That knowledge will never die!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Perhaps if you back up enough of it you can actually make it functional on a different domain? So it would basically be the innocent offspring of the original that has now gone rogue. :P

Also who controls this forum? Just a suggestion....Enable avatars....why is it not enabled?...I have my new avatar in the sig area for now. :D

Also if this forum gets larger in member size, I suggest you start hiring moderators. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!