whats happened at ServerSideModding.com?

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Senshi

Re: whats happened at ServerSideModding.com?

Post by Senshi »

He censored everything that pointed to any dissent regarding SSM.com...posts, topic, signatures(!) and apparently even PMs?...usually the PM-system is set up so they are really private and unable to be seen by the admin, but of course, with some experience, it's easy to lay hand on these too.

Yes, Roboadmin definetly creeps me out, I fear the trust in ongoing operations on that site is gone. And I'm lucky to not notice the ads (AdMuncher be praised), they probably would have driven me away as soon as they were implemented...
freddy

Post by freddy »

i cant get this feeling out that we have been screwed, it wasnt that long ago that the abillity to edit your posts was suspended. now i have to see all my tutorials and howto´s there and i cant do nada with them. its all roboadminfromhells now.
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

I vote we hack ssm.
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

^ lol pink.

Well I rar'd the ssm mirror..its 546 meg. A bit more than I thought it'd be. :lol: Oh well, still not bad. All the ads are gone, except you will notice a <> where the ads that used to split up posts would be. I would fix it, but I'd rather not have Notepad++ find/replace another 70,000 files over the span of...several hours. lol. I'll make a new thread when its done.

Edit: It might be tomorrow sometime...I registered at megaupload so I can use their upload/download manager to pause it / resume when needed.
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Wtf.

So I downloaded the 'mega manager' from megaupload.com. The file size is 546MB, and its stuck at 540 meg. Wtf!
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

The word "bfmods" has been banned on SSM.com :lol: If you write it anywhere, be it plain text or url or whatever it'll get replaced with ######... Robo Overlord at its best
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

yes hes a real robodick
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
datoneer

Post by datoneer »

What a tool. Let us know when you have that mirror file up Iced. and thanks be to whoever's site this is for your hospitality. some one spammed SSM with the admin is a tool. :evil: :evil:

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Yeah I posted it!!

http://bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43

Edit: lmfao @ you spamming ssm.com. :(
Archimonday

Post by Archimonday »

While I do feel like we have been screwed over, we must take this with civility. I know people are mad, but there is no need to tarnish our reputations as respectable members of an aging community, by outright attacking those (like Ryan) who have supported us for a long time, and even our new found enemies like the new Administrator on SSM.com.

We need to be reasonable, the website is still public Domain, so copy the tutorials, and any useful information you may have supplied in the past, and we will continue on with our community here in the safety of our new home. We have a new website, a new look, but the same great people, lets not ruin those names and scare away potential new comers who find out about BFmods.com by becoming trolls. (I can't believe I said trolls)

So take a deep breath, accept whats happened, and lets get on with the activities we all enjoy, modding the Battlefield Franchise.

Now, if you want to complain to someone, help us fight DICE and force them to release mod tools for the Frostbite engine by Public Demand.