New Headers

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
fo0k

New Headers

Post by fo0k »

So each forum section now has a shiny new header of its own :)
Still areas (like when posting) that need the custom header added.. but ive done the hard part . should be easy from here on.

Shout if you spot a bug (other than just a whole header missing..)

Working on the rest of the theme.. More to come.. but bedtime for me.. :shock:
Iced Earth

Re: New Headers

Post by Iced Earth »

Nice!! I like em!
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Yes, very nice pictures, indeed! Who edited them? Definetly gratz to that guy.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Great. and thanks. They are my crafty work. I spent too many hours yesterday putting them together!
I was looking for a simple phpbb mod to change the main header but the mod I found allowed unique headers for different sections..
there are 7 variations in total :)
Im gonna make up some BF2/1943 ones too and customise those sections.
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Then my congratulations go to you :)

No kidding, these headers are just brilliant. Just the idea to take small snippets from the original BF42 ad/CD box covers and showing them enlarged is awesome (I'd say everybody here can recognize that quickly), then you managed to pick very awesome snippets, (grinned teeth in BF3 section...awesome...zeros in main section...awesome...tank with driver's head...awesome etc.) and then you enhanced them with over-saturation etc. which makes them just enough "fresh" without killing the nostalgic feeling.

It's not very often I see headers that are that "smart". :)
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Well.. I was pretty happy when it all came together.. :) Probably the best banners I have made.

The logo is basically (but have now swapped ssm for bf) one I designed for SSM ..when Ryan was asking for a new one. but it never got used. the 'M' is stolen from Vietnam.. heheh .. I stole as many letters as I could then made the others.. life is one big mod.

I could just used a random header although that would loose functionality to make BF2 ones for the BF2 section etc... Im hunting down some similar high res artwork for those.. just need a high res box scan really.