Free server hosting for your mod events

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Diamondback

Free server hosting for your mod events

Post by Diamondback »

Hi guys and girls!

I would like to announce that I am providing a server for those of you that would like to promote their own mods.

Whether it is a beta test, machinima or a mod promotion event, you may use my server for it. Just make sure you contact me at least a week before the date of your event and that you send me a direct download link to your mod as well as a brief description of it. Pictures are optional but are highly encouraged, as are videos.

When I receive the necessary files I will make an announcement on community forums about the event (or not, depending on what kind of event you want, i.e. a private server) so that it can gather a few players. When all the mod or map files are uploaded to the server, I will send you a PM to confirm that your mod/map is ready.

The server is located in Canada so I will serve mostly NA players for ping related reasons but people from all around the world are also welcome.

Server settings are on this link: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 105:14567/

Happy modding!
See my Strasbourg map project here.
vanceandthepinch

Re: Free server hosting for your mod events

Post by vanceandthepinch »

Sounds like a pretty good idea. Which server company are you using? Most of my experiences have been good. For the last few times I've been using a 1&1 server and been happy with the speed and connection. I believe they have service in Canada too :)