HTroop v1.0b7 Has Now Been Released!

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
professor_smith

HTroop v1.0b7 Has Now Been Released!

Post by professor_smith »

Hello Folks,
I have fixed a whole bunch of various things from the last 2 releases of HTroop beta (v1.0b5 & v1.0b6), and am now releasing HTroop v1.0b7. Included in the update v1.0b7, are scads of singleplayer only maps, a working Lazer Tower that the bots are incredible at using, and a whole bunch of other things that have never been done in any other mod that I know of.

Please remember to download and install all 3 versions in a row to ensure HTroop working correctly (and to download and install the other mods required; look for their download links within the forum news section, under the post: "HTroop v1.0b5 Is Ready For Download!"), for HTroop to work properly. Enjoy!

You can find the downloads page at: htroop.hootsclan.com

Simply register for a free account. Once I have activated your account, you will see a downloads page available.

Professor Smith
Lets make war games, not war.
poompoom500

Re: HTroop v1.0b7 Has Now Been Released!

Post by poompoom500 »

:geek:

To professor_smith,

Any videos, pix, or download links? Sure would be handy so we can try the mod. Yeh?
professor_smith

Actually, I am currently working on HTroop v1.0b8, due to too many bugs in the last release for network games, so we have removed the downloadable files from the htroop.hootsclan.com forum, and I will be releasing a full install of HTroop v1.0b8 asap. Every map in the Coop, Conquest, Ctf, or Tdm list that has an Htroop symbol next to it, will be playable over a network (LAN or Internet).

Thank You,

Professor Smith
Joshua
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

professor_smith wrote:Actually, I am currently working on HTroop v1.0b8, due to too many bugs in the last release for network games, so we have removed the downloadable files from the htroop.hootsclan.com forum, and I will be releasing a full install of HTroop v1.0b8 asap. Every map in the Coop, Conquest, Ctf, or Tdm list that has an Htroop symbol next to it, will be playable over a network (LAN or Internet).

Thank You,

Professor Smith
Joshua
Is it possible to make the mod smaller in size for the future release?
See my Strasbourg map project here.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Buddy CLASSICAL MODDER i think not.:(
Looks like a final release. Htroop is not a good up to date mod in a good quality.
If do you compare to FH/FHSW, Battlegroup42, EoD. BF1918 or SuperDC v2.07!
Better you install this different mods, because they work on content, and not only got and bet the same 1:1 before youll see.

Youll want to test it?

Download it there: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ ... ith/files/
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
professor_smith

buschhans wrote:Buddy CLASSICAL MODDER i think not.:(
Looks like a final release. Htroop is not a good up to date mod in a good quality.
If do you compare to FH/FHSW, Battlegroup42, EoD. BF1918 or SuperDC v2.07!
Better you install this different mods, because they work on content, and not only got and bet the same 1:1 before youll see.

Youll want to test it?

Download it there: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ ... ith/files/
Buschhans,
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say. I understand that HTroop v1.0b7 was a bit of a flop (if that's what you're pointing out); hence why I am revamping the maps to correct their network issues and rerelease HTroop in v1.0b8.
As for your opinion about those other mods, I agree, they are all good mods. Sadly, I was unable to incorporate all of the ones you mentioned into HTroop, but HTroop is a mini-mod (as I have mentioned before), reading data such as models, meshes, textures, and sounds, from the other mods required to play it (one of those being Silent Heroes mind you; I noticed that your avatar is the Silent Heroes icon, and just wanted to point out, that HTroop promotes Silent Heroes and other mods required to run it).
Once, I finally release HTroop v1.0b8, yes, I will be seeking other playtesters. I have a few playtesters now, but it would be great if someone with a server, would be willing to run it on a server once again, for a larger number of people to playtest the mini-mod.
All I ask, is that you keep an open mind. This project has taken me much longer than most other mods have, mainly because I have no one else helping me, while almost every other mod out there, has a whole team of people working on the mod together. I would simply like credit for the leaps of game play and modding I have done in HTroop (some things that no other mod has done before), and recognition for my devotion and diligence, to making HTroop for the pure entertainment of others.

Thank You,

Joshua
Professor Smith
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

We will find a server for the v1.0b8 htroop mod. But please give us Public or send me the Server Files and the Player Client Files as a Link? Then i want to take a look, what i can do for you ok?
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
professor_smith

Well, all one has to do to download HTroop v1.0b8, its essential update to v1.0b81, and all other content required to run HTroop, is to register for a free account on my forum (something that every user has had to do to login to every forum out there), at: htroop.mricesolutions.com

After registering, I will activate their (your) account, and you may click the link. Follow the installation instructions, or HTroop will not run correctly.
professor_smith

As for your suggestion to other players, that they forgo installing and playing HTroop, in favor of the individual mods it reads off (being a mini-mod), I agree that the other mods are all incredibly well made, but I guarantee you and other players, that my compilation of said mods, into the experience that HTroop provides, is NOTHING LIKE any other full conversion mod that you or they, have played. Though I will soon be releasing a complete document, stating the changes and custom modifications I have done in HTroop, the best way to truly understand why HTroop is so different, is to simply play it.

As for the link that you provided players to download an older, buggy version of HTroop, please folks, Do Not follow that link. Just go to: htroop.mricesolutions.com, register/login, and click the downloads page.

Thank You,

Joshua Hales
Professor Smith
BeJimmielem

HTroop v1 0b7 Has Now Been Released

Post by BeJimmielem »

I just returned to the game after being gone for 10 years, i think that was 4th or 5th ed.
rn
rnI have been reading rulebooks and discussions online about 8th. Basically, it sounds like GW actually started listening to the community and playtesting their game before releasing it