Battlefield Heroes and Play4Free will be retired.

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Apache Thunder

Battlefield Heroes and Play4Free will be retired.

Post by Apache Thunder »

Some sad news to report. Looks like EA/Dice/Easy is finally putting old BFHeroes and Play4Free out to pasture:

BFPlay4Free:
Soldiers, we Salute you

BFHeroes:
War is over Heroes

Looks like what ever current build of the games will be the last.

On the positive side, both this game and Battlefield Heroes have been immortalized in Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2. My BFH'42 mod lives in BF1942 (and in BF2 to some extent) and Play4Free as a mod exclusive to BF2 which was being worked on by Dnamro over at Battlefield Singleplayer

Of coarse you can find the Battlefield Heroes'42 mod for Battlefield 1942 here at BFMods. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
mistamontiel

Re: Battlefield Heros and Play4Free will be retired.

Post by mistamontiel »

Grrr .. damn them

I thought nothing was done for / nor ported from P4F ..? If he's released something surely would love to give a whirl !
buschhans

Re: Battlefield Heros and Play4Free will be retired.

Post by buschhans »

mistamontiel wrote:Grrr .. damn them

I thought nothing was done for / nor ported from P4F ..? If he's released something surely would love to give a whirl !
I dont missed P4F anymore because it was a Battlefield 2 with more locks included. BF heroes in compare, bet an another experience of gaming. Without the locks, BF Heroes would be a really good Cartoon Shooter. But to fly in memories, there is the BF Heroes 42 5.1g Mod, made by Apache here. It brings some memories for this game back.
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/