How about a reputation system?

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Diamondback

How about a reputation system?

Post by Diamondback »

I think it would be a cool addition. Simple forums just started to use this, but on this website it would have an actual purpose. Forum users with higher reputations (reputation would be added to an user based on how many helpful replies he has written when one writes for help on any kind of topic for example) would gain moderator status and other privileges based on their reputation level.

I also think this reputation system should be similar to the one Simple uses, meaning reputation doesn't go up according to the number of posts one user has but rather the content of one's post. That would prevent spammers of getting higher reputations.

You can see the SiMPLE Forums here, with the new reputation system: http://team-simple.org
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Vilespring

Re: How about a reputation system?

Post by Vilespring »

That would lead to new people getting ignored. I was a complete noob when I joined, and not even a week after I got my first successful modding experience, I started helping people. How could have people taken me seriously when my profile had said I have done nothing? Also, our moderators are perfect, we don't need anymore, they give help to us like normal members, remove spam and garbage, and don't abuse their power. :)

EDIT: I've just looked around simple, and there are people with negative reps. I do not think this is what we want here, because they are doing nothing wrong in my eyes. In my opinion, without a rep system everyone here (with the exception of moderators and admins of course) are equal. I like that idea, where everybody's advice is just as powerful as another person's.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I am not in favor of a rep system.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

wow, pretty much said what I said with a fraction of the effort! :lol:
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

Vilespring wrote:everyone here (with the exception of moderators and admins of course) are equal.
Democracy in action! Lol! :lol:
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle