For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
ZOOMER

Re: serversidemodding.com

Post by ZOOMER »

Thanks for filling the void of thought.
silverlight

Post by silverlight »

Nice site you guys got here, glad serversidemodding ended up in good hands :)
POTAmatt

Post by POTAmatt »

... and hang the admi... oh. Uh. We're here. LOL. Very cool!
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

You can now access a read only archive of ssm here: http://battlefieldmodding.com/ssm/phpBB3/
(You can login, access pm's, view all posts etc)

As stated in the first post on this topic, I am aiming to merge the sites/content/accoutns/pm's etc together. Just give me a few days. At least all content is now visible :)
silverlight

Post by silverlight »

Nice work, happy to see it again :)

PS: as bote sites are phpBB it will be alot easier :D

*EDIT* Glad tha ads are gone to, those new ads in every top of threads was annoying.
Twist

Post by Twist »

Thanks dude!
(mr)howdoimod

Post by (mr)howdoimod »

Thanks so much for saving it man!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I was thinking that perhaps you can just archive the old SSM site and have the current forums adopt the visual appearance/layout of the old SSM? I would imagine that would be easier then trying to merge the forums at this point.

Also I think it would be safe to just have the old domain redirect to the main bfmods.com site after that. (instead of going to this thread)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Yup, merging not necessary. Perhaps add a prominent button in the top right that says sth. like "Archive" and allows to directly switch to the SSM archive so one can search it (as the archive has its own search engine still intact). Then add a similar button to the archive that redirects here and everything would be fine. I kinda like the "new start" we have here. We have nicely ordered forums, good moderation, a website name that is way more fitting to our actually universal subjects of modding than SSM. The times we focused only on SSMs is long gone.

It's really only the search engine that's absolutely required to browse the unwieldy archive. The most awesome solution would be to somehow integrate the archive into the site search we have here too. Default is active, but make it optional under "Advanced Search", allowing to only search bfmods.com or ssm archive...but that might be difficult codewise? No idea, I'm no web guru...
You also could simply add the search bar of SSM.com right below the BFmods-search bar...one to search this site, the other to search the archive...I guess that might be easier to do?
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

I have changed the redirect to go straight to the home page here. I also like the style now so have little interest in making this look like ssm.. Main thing is accessing the content. I'm currently moving to Sydney in a few days so not been touching the site much but will get back on this in a week or two (so long as UPS don't trash my baby en route).

Also, my rccmod server is not doing much ATM so I'm happy to run it as a mod/test server for people here. I can setup a few admins and get everything on there. It's 32 slot dedicated east coast (same as moongamers host)