Running Battlefield 1942 in Linux works just fine, except...

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Skull Kid

Running Battlefield 1942 in Linux works just fine, except...

Post by Skull Kid »

... for when I press the tilde key. The console won't show up. I don't know what could be wrong, as in Windows it worked just fine. In Linux (Ubuntu to be more exact) I am running Battlefield 1942 under Wine. Everything works flawlessly, except for the console.

Any ideas of what could be wrong here?

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention, the K and L keys doesn't do anything either. Meaning the chat function is dead also.
Last edited by Skull Kid on Thu May 31, 2018 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Skull Kid
russ

Re: Running Battlefield 1942 in Linux works just fine, excep

Post by russ »

Works fine under wine 3.0 here. Are you running under wayland or something? Sounds like your keymap might be messed up. You might also want to check how you have these assigned:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIToggleConsole IDFKeyboard IDKey_Grave c_CMNonRepetive
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIToggleConsole IDFKeyboard IDKey_Capital c_CMNonRepetive
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

russ wrote:Works fine under wine 3.0 here. Are you running under wayland or something? Sounds like your keymap might be messed up. You might also want to check how you have these assigned:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIToggleConsole IDFKeyboard IDKey_Grave c_CMNonRepetive
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIToggleConsole IDFKeyboard IDKey_Capital c_CMNonRepetive
Umm, I'll check that, and report back...

EDIT: Actually, I only got one console entry in my common.con file... and that is Grave. Not Capital.

EDIT2: Also, I'm using a Swedish keyboard, and of course by that, a Swedish keyboard layout. Running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
Regards,

Skull Kid
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

I actually checked again... and yes, I do have both Captial and Grave in the default common.con file inside of the Default folder. Still, to no avail. The console won't show up at all.
Regards,

Skull Kid
Skull Kid

SOLVED!!!

Post by Skull Kid »

Hooray! All I had to do was to add the English (USA) keyboard layout, and voila! It works beautifully now! :D

EDIT: To anyone from another country than the United States, you will need to have the United States keyboard layout on top, followed by your own keyboard layout below it, like so:
Regards,

Skull Kid