Battlefield 1942 stock maps reworked with CryEngine 3

Post by Diamondback »

I just read this on Team Simple's forums, it is pretty jaw dropping material:

http://www.moddb.com/forum/thread/bf-19 ... for-bf1942
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Senshi

Re: Battlefield 1942 stock maps reworked with CryEngine 3

Post by Senshi »

They pretty much did the easy jobs there, nothing spectacular. Converting .sm to .max is easy (obviously), and then converting them to a format that is used by any other game engine is easy as well. Lighting is nothing, as it's already in the engine and you just fiddle some tiny parameters. While it takes some work to achieve all that, it's mostly a "dumb" repetitive task. Once they show properly translated soldiers and vehicles physics and code I'll be intrigued.
BMV

Post by BMV »

Good day!
It's me again and one of my other great project :)
I'm certainly not in any way will not give up my favorite mod Battlefield 1941 for the game Battlefield 1942 (in the next month I hope to please everyone, even the new version), but for a long time want something more, and the features of the engine Refractor unfortunately is not limitless. Time does not stand still, there are more and more new technologies, increasing power of computers and laptops, and the fact that yesterday was only possible on hight gaming devices, it is now the norm for the average home computer.
The idea of ​​transferring your favorite game on a new game engine is not new and was in the air the last few years. We tried a number of options, even wanted to stay on Unreal Engine (long before the official news of the transfer to it fashion Battlegroup42), but in the end, our choice was CryEngine 3 as the most appropriate in all respects.
http://bf1941.ru/news-en/8-video-game-b ... ngine.html
P.S. and as usual I am sorry for my English :)
Last edited by BMV on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Viral

Post by Viral »

It will be epic if you guys can complete this and keep the feel of BF 1942, meaning leave the physics and how everything handles alone. I wish i could help but just not enough time right now. I'll be keeping a eye on your project and if I have more time in the future will help where I can.

Good Luck!