Few Questions About The Origin BF 1942

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Viral

Few Questions About The Origin BF 1942

Post by Viral »

Hi all,

Yesterday I downloaded the BF 1942 free version VIA origin and installed along with DC and DCF. When on the server select screen I try to enable PB but get a error stating that "Punkbuster could not be enabled please install latest patch". The download from Origin I thought was complete and nothing else was needed? I also notice in my install folder that there is no PB folder at all. Am I missing something to fix this? I can still join servers and play I am guessing only ones that have PB disabled though.

I am also going to be setting up a server. Is there anything that needs to be done different to install the server so the server is visible to Origin users?

Thanks,
Viral
Old Man River

Re: Few Questions About The Origin BF 1942

Post by Old Man River »

I am not sure about this but going by other treads elsewhere I have read there is no PB support and no hash/keys etc in free origin version which makes administration a nightmare, I think there is a topic here already on this forum if you search for the new origin server version
freddy

Post by freddy »

It seems possible to use pb in origin servers, but i think any chance of getting the origin players to custom install pb and make it work is somewhere between slim to null.

Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

810 servers? Holy Smokes!
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Viral

Post by Viral »

Almost as many servers as there are players :D

freddy how do you get PB working on the Origin game client? It does not even have a PB folder.
freddy

Post by freddy »

I havent tried it myself, but i think a good guess is to just copying the whole pb folder from a "standard" server.

edit: same for the client i guess
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I still have my retail version of the game installed with the working copy of PB.

All I did was just copy the PB folder from the retail game's root path and put it in the origin version. Now I'm able to join any servers that have PB installed. the PB folder is the same for both server and clients I believe, so the same process can be repeated to get PB on a server.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Viral wrote:Almost as many servers as there are players :D

freddy how do you get PB working on the Origin game client? It does not even have a PB folder.
1,40 player per server, I calculated :D
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Viral

Post by Viral »

Apache Thunder wrote:I still have my retail version of the game installed with the working copy of PB.

All I did was just copy the PB folder from the retail game's root path and put it in the origin version. Now I'm able to join any servers that have PB installed. the PB folder is the same for both server and clients I believe, so the same process can be repeated to get PB on a server.
Could you pack it and upload it so i can try it on my server and Origin client please?
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

I'm trying a few gents to DL EA Origin client and BF1942..

perhaps that would even convince that $10-$15 is small price to pay to this glorious game

I searched EA Origin for battlefield 1942 and nothing.. I wonder what gives