Any pre-intel Mac users out there?

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Apache Thunder

Any pre-intel Mac users out there?

Post by Apache Thunder »

I've been curious about a few things regarding the "mac" version of BF1942. Mainly if there is any difference in how the game renders effects and so on and would like to test to see if certain things that don't work in the PC version that might work on the Mac version. (Lensflare objects and weather coding to name a few)

I don't own a mac to test that on though. :(

Note that the mac version of BF1942 will NOT work on the newer intel Macs (I think anyway) as the game was intended for the older PowerMac line of Macs. Mainly the G3/G4/G6 and older iMac line of Macintosh. Anyone out there that has one? I would like to use someone as my test subject to see if the Mac version has any advantages over the PC version. I have a Mac emulator that can emulate PowerMacs to some degree, but it can't boot Max OS X (v10.2.8 is the minimum OS BF1942 will run under). :(
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
fo0k

Re: Any pre-intel Mac users out there?

Post by fo0k »

Cochrane.. Who was a very active is82 player (who even wrote an Rfa explorer for macs) woud be good for this question. I forget if he has signed up here but would guess so. I'm on the phone and off to bed so too lazy to check :)
if he is then maybe shoot a pm to him. If he's not I'll try and find him :)

of course, someone else may turn up.