Hello Gentlemen.

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Archimonday

Hello Gentlemen.

Post by Archimonday »

Decided to visit some old websites I used to frequent to see if the communities there still had a bit of a pulse left. I see some posts from a few days ago, so I'm guessing you guys are still around. It seems like an eternity since I modded Battlefield 1942, its a wonder if I'd even be able to remember how!

Nevertheless, life has taken off for me! In five months I travel to Ft. Benning, Georgia to begin my BCT for the United States Army, and I've been living quietly, working daily for a small wage which is just enough to keep me afloat.

I suppose I forgot about Battlefield 1942, which is sad, because I could give Battlefield 1942 credit for so much that has happened to me over the course of the years. Playing the game since I was eight-years-old, it has had a considerable effect on my life, even introducing me to my best friend! Who, I might add, I hope someday to marry. (That's my little secret)

I can remember long hours of Berlin: Jeeps and Planes, Moongamers Omaha, 5th Marines Midway, =TAW= Battle of Britain, Disciples of El Alamein, The Scurvy Dogs Clan, 24/7 DC Berlin, and loads of Forgotten Hope. Boy those were the golden days of gaming for me, the community was excellent, and everyday at school id watch the clocks wanting to get out to come home and play some more Battlefield 1942, and do some more modding.

My modding blood has stagnated though, It doesn't hold the same level of satisfaction as it once did. Occasionally I animated a weapon for BF2, or I screw around with 3ds Max, but modding has become tedious I guess. Its a shame that my one time favorite hobby has become so bitter sweet, but the Army takes all my time now! Working out covers my schedules, and I've lost nearly fifty pounds! If I had known a year and a half ago that I would be fifty pounds lighter, and able to run three miles, I probably would've been a little more confident of a man.

Nevertheless,

Archimonday
fo0k

Re: Hello Gentlemen.

Post by fo0k »

Good to see you arch and to hear all is well and healthy!

Why two kay started a similar thread to this (search man!! ..I'm kidding :)..) just the other day so might be worth adding this post to that thread so all the oldies can come back and have a cry about the good ol' days!

Very much alive around these parts.. I think nice weather has temporarily slowed it a bit :)
motoko

Post by motoko »

I request a nostalgia section.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

I agree.. but.. I guess someone returning after many moons will not be looking for such a thing..?

and therefore just post in general... meaning that the nostalgia section is only known by the regulars... making it irrelevant, by nature? :ugeek:

that said.. maybe we need something in the news/announcememts bit at the top... I keep meaning to do something a bit prettier with it.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Archimonday! Hey man. I'm glad to hear back from you. You may not know me, but I've learned a lot about you through your friends here.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Archimonday

Post by Archimonday »

I always feel bad for not ever getting that Youtube Channel up and running, I watch the videos and say "I could've done alot with this" and I never put anything new up. God I've been so busy, I think I might try and upload some BF2 Animation Tutorials later, we'll see.
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Greetings Archi, really ´long time no see :) .

Yeah, was a bit of a pity you removed your first anim tuts without getting the new ones up, you even forced me to start a tut series on that matter, and I only learned some of the tricks by watching your initial videos... :o Nevertheless, the knowledge spreads, and it seems that even BG42 will profit in its last upcoming release from a handful of new animations 8-)

Good to hear life is treating you well and all the best of luck with your military endeavors!
Archimonday

Post by Archimonday »

Well glad to see all those hours of experimentation helped someone.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

They helped me too. But now I just need to spend hours on end trying to learn the actual animating.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™