BFMods Community Project

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Swaffy

Re: BFMods Community Project

Post by Swaffy »

I live this place, and I think it is an awesome idea for all of us to work on a single mod. I'm tired of endlessly addin on to my mod [the only one I've ever worked on] and am finally ready to join a team of modders to make one big mod. I think the members of this community could make a strong team, and our organizational skills are fairly strong too.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

will need to think more before replying here... but its good thoughts.

and I would say one thing... Unreal UDK.

Ill think on :)
Marshall_Nord

Post by Marshall_Nord »

Black Mamba wrote:I think we should concentrate our efforts on making an infantry only mod, as this game lacks them a lot.
Sorry, but no vehicles = CS clone = not Battlefield.

Battlefield is suited for macro-scale combat, not close-quarter infantry combat. Ever wonder why a soldier can‘t crawl through a culvert, under a vehicle or through a small hole in a wall? The soldier collision box doesn‘t change height from standing to prone. Why? Maybe the Devs were more worried about vehicle combat details than making another Medal of Honor/Counterstrike type game?

The height map resolution is designed for large, open maps not small ditches and foxholes (one could shrink the height map or increase the soldier scale to allow more detained height maps).
Black Mamba wrote: In my opinion, of course, our mod needs to be unique. It has to bring something to the game which has NEVER been found in any previous mod.

4) The general theme of the mod will be modern combat (1990 to present times). We will incorporate many new armies in the game such as the S.W.A.T., the S.A.S., the G.I.G.N., the Touaregs, the Talibans, Al-Quaida, the Russian Spetznaz, the Canadian RCMP, the Navy Seals, and much, much more.

7) As we want to make this mod as realistic as possible, we will make sure all our campaigns have actually happened (nothing will be invented, everything is true). This means maps will be made from actual photographic evidence.
You pretty much described the old WDW mod:

http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/ ... tall;57538
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

I agree with Marsh this is Battlefield 1942 if i'm not wrong 42 was the only game from bf series that had naval battles like Iwo Jima or Wake and IMO I like the best those maps instead of Berlin or small maps. And as you said we are trying to take back bf42s community that will mean we will have lots of guys in a crowded server..yes that means that small maps will not be a good idea though the idea of making a big mod using the skills of everyone in this forum.
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Bundle your energy into existing mod projects of your liking. That is why I support Battlegroup. No point in doing something from scratch if there already exists something very awesome.

Sadly Battlegroup intend to stop developement after 1.8...
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

The most annoying part of FH I find is that every single sniper scope is the same crappy scope image.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Uhm. That was kind of unrelated to anything in this thread? :?