Might want to try 3d modeling again

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Iced Earth

Might want to try 3d modeling again

Post by Iced Earth »

Hey all,

I was watching a cool show tonight on the history channel that sparked my interest in 3d modeling again. It was a special on the German-made Ho 229, the flying wing jet the nazis made. To see if it was "stealthy" (by wwii standards), they built a 1:1 scale replica. The original was made out of wood, as was the copy. It was truly amazing to see the thing being built, and then finally completed.

Anyways, I thought I should take another stab at modeling. I've always had good 'spatial thinking', being able to imagine something in my mind in 3d, and draw/sketch it growing up. Awhile back when I tried out gmax, I failed pretty hard. :lol: mr. howdoimod's tuts helped a bit, but just as i got going they kind of stopped. At the time I wanted to make a very basic japanese pillbox (cube basically). Idk if its good or not, but in my head I wanted to make the object as if I were molding it out of clay; starting with the cube and carving away what I don't want. I'm not sure if that's the 'proper' way though. :?

I could grab 3dsmax, but I was wondering if there were any good tutorials to help get started using the dang thing...hopefully geared towards gaming.

ty ty
Poow

Re: Might want to try 3d modeling again

Post by Poow »

You’re entering a world of pain!