Automatic Jet-Pack Thrust

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Kurosaji

Re: Automatic Jet-Pack Thrust

Post by Kurosaji »

All very useful info, the only large problem I had with the jetpacks is that the character is walking mid-air - though I think this may be a result of no parachutes in the mod I am in. Anyone think that's the issue?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Kurosaji wrote:All very useful info, the only large problem I had with the jetpacks is that the character is walking mid-air - though I think this may be a result of no parachutes in the mod I am in. Anyone think that's the issue?
I think the soldier does this even with the vanilla SWoWWII jet pack. This happens because the parachute is removed and the falling state is removed so the soldier is always in a fighting stance (standing/running) and can use weapons.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

can anyone else confirm that you walk in the air in secret weapons?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Kurosaji wrote:can anyone else confirm that you walk in the air in secret weapons?
I just tested it 15 seconds ago. If you jet pack up into the air and press W or S you can see the gun making the run animations. And if you hold Shift while pressing W or S then he does the walk animations. It's just how the game works I suppose. Though I think it has to do with allowing the player to move forward/backward while jet-packing. If you have SWoWWII then try it yourself.
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

Similar to having 0 gravity on I suppose. You would think it would function like the parachute animations, especially since you can parachute and shoot.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Kurosaji wrote:Similar to having 0 gravity on I suppose. You would think it would function like the parachute animations, especially since you can parachute and shoot.
When I was messing with the engine I noticed something: To stop the player from plummeting to the ground full-force the engine has an idle force (when player is not "thrusting"). I remember I made that idle force a bit too strong and my character was slowly floating up into the sky, infinitely. lol

I also made the jet-pack engine toggle so that you can walk around without the jet-pack turned off.
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

I checked out secret weapons in third person. It would seem that the jetpack utilizes the parachute animation. My character walks/runs in air regardless of pressing shift. What could the problem be here?
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

well, theres nothing wrong with the jetpacks - is there an objects or animation problem that could be causing this?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Kurosaji wrote:well, theres nothing wrong with the jetpacks - is there an objects or animation problem that could be causing this?
You need to understand that this cannot be fixed. Deal with it, or just don't use a jet-pack.
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

It works in secret weapons, I turned on 3rd person. Forward momentum causes walking while falling. In secret weapons it uses the parachute animation, it is possible.