Problem with phone

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
MR PINK BALLS

Problem with phone

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

http://www.xfire.com/video/18ae09/

You see how the phone goes up in the air when I look down and how the phone bounces around alot when he walks,I want to simply make it so the phone stays flat on the ground and spins whatever direction the solider looks I do not want the phone to go up like it does when the solider looks up or down,it seems like I could attach it to a different bone like a bone around his DI*K area,one that doesn't move with the spine
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Apache Thunder

Re: Problem with phone

Post by Apache Thunder »

Perhaps try adding a new bone to the soldier skeleton? Have it set to 0/0/0. Since the new bone won't be a part of any animation file, it will always be stationary. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
RuBBa_cHiKiN

Post by RuBBa_cHiKiN »

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?!

Just wondering, what is this actually supposed to do?
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

apache thunder:when u say set the phone to 0/0/0 you are talking about in 3dsmax?,and I need the solider be be able to change what the object is when he pick up another kit,each kit will be a different object,phone,desk,ect ect
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

this is a pink balls mod, what do you people expect really? A mod thats crackers from a man thats crackers.

Personally I want to take a look at the office building structure when its done, pew pew pew!
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

gee,uh,thanks?
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

MR PINK BALLS wrote:apache thunder:when u say set the phone to 0/0/0 you are talking about in 3dsmax?,and I need the solider be be able to change what the object is when he pick up another kit,each kit will be a different object,phone,desk,ect ect
Change the new bone in the skeleton to zero. Not the phone/other object. You would attach your custom kit parts to the new bone. Since the new bone isn't animated...the object you put on it won't bob around or anything. ;)
ImageImageImage
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

yea but what im saying is the object thats attached to bone 0 has to change into other objects

when he picks up a kit he becomes something else
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Um let me explain this a bit more. A kitpart can be attached to ANY bone on the skeleton by telling it the name of the bone to attach to. If you create new bone for the soldier skeleton, you can attach kit parts to that bone. They will CONTINUE to change geometries when you pick up new kits. All your doing is adding a new bone to the skeleton that won't be animated and would guarantee that the kitpats you put on that bone will behave like you want them too.

You are not adding any object to the soldier. Your modifing the soldier skeleton. It seems you have no experience at all at skeletons and animatedMeshes. :P
ImageImageImage
freddy

Post by freddy »

something like this?

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.create ActiveKitPart ****
ObjectTemplate.setBoneName A