Can anyone help me figure this out?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
professor_smith

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Post by professor_smith »

Hello,
I recently was able to rent a virtual dedicated server, and finally get HTroop v1.0b8 onto said server. I am now running an HTroop dedicated. The server is still running, no problem there. However, something I created (the ability for flamethrower fire, lazer tower fire, and other fire effects to burn on objects and the ground and actually damage/kill soldiers if they get to close), seems to be working in SinglePlayer games & over a LAN, but over the dedicated server, it only has the visual effect of burning. However, it does not damage or kill any soldiers over the dedicated server. I have tried multiple combinations of networkableinfo settings, adding an end effect template to the projectile, adding the burning effect template to the projectile, etc., and nothing seems to fix this issue. Can anyone help me fix this? I have flamethrowers that use this effect, I have flame weapons on tanks that use it, and I have a lazer tower (yes, spelled that way on purpose), that used the effect.

Thank You,

Joshua
Professor Smith
Lets make war games, not war.
freddy

Re: Can anyone help me figure this out?

Post by freddy »

professor_smith wrote:However, it does not damage or kill any soldiers over the dedicated server.
Do a quicktest and change the projectile to something you know works (bazooka or whatever) You can do this serverside with a consolescript.
professor_smith

Re: Can anyone help me figure this out?

Post by professor_smith »

freddy wrote:
professor_smith wrote:However, it does not damage or kill any soldiers over the dedicated server.
Do a quicktest and change the projectile to something you know works (bazooka or whatever) You can do this serverside with a consolescript.
Is your intention to have me change the geometry (the standardmesh being used for the projectile)?

Or do you mean I should replace the projectile of the weapon itself?

I ask because changing the geometry will simply not look like the flame projectile, and changing the actual projectile, would not have the same fire damage effect as the current projectile.

Is there a neworkableinfo combo or perhaps a v_arg1 else endIf or some other conditional statement, that would allow me to make a damaging effect that works in singleplayer, and LAN games, work over a dedicated server?

Josh
Professor Smith
Lets make war games, not war.