Mod maps not showing in Dedicated Server

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Senshi

Mod maps not showing in Dedicated Server

Post by Senshi »

Again a weird problem thingie I have...

I have created a new mod (minimod for Battlegroup42) and now have the problem that its maps (which basically only are patchfiles, changing the MapID, some might remember it from the thread where I asked about batch renaming) do show up in the ingame "set up LAN-server" and singleplayer screen without problem, but do not show in the dedicated server or any server tool. I can select them allright for the battlegroup42 mod, but not for my BG42_WGP mod...only the vanilla maps do show up in the Server tool when I choose the BG42_WGP mod...but not even the "custom" Vanilla maps, like the ones included in the EA Mappack (faidpass, rommel, greatpursuit etc.). Wtf went wrong?

Mods init.con

Code: Select all

game.setCustomGameName BG42_WGP
game.addmodPath Mods/BG42_WGP/
game.addModPath Mods/battlegroup42/
game.addModPath Mods/Bf1942/
game.customGameFlushArchives 0
game.setCustomGameVersion 0.2

game.setCustomGameUrl "http://www.wargamer-projekt.de"
game.setCustomGameInfo "Die Minimod des Wargamer-Projektes zur laufenden BG42-Kampagne"
An "example" map patchfile of my mod, they only contain one file
bf1942\levels\4106-halfaya_pass.rfa\Menu\Init.con

Code: Select all

Game.setLocalized 1

game.setLoadPicture Load/HalfayaPass.tga

game.setMultiplayerBriefingObjectives "4106-halfaya_pass is a BG42 map by Sarge Surfat. Unauthorized conversions are prohibited. Contact: [email protected]"

game.setServerInfoIcon "serverBGdesert.tga"

game.setMapId "BG42_WGP"
Senshi

Re: Mod maps not showing in Dedicated Server

Post by Senshi »

Never was a problem before for any other mod I made...IIRC many mods do it this way. It's not necessary to make _xxx because the files already are the very basis that is avaible. And they are loaded as patchfile because the Mods' init.con defines that the bg42_wgp mod is to be loaded last, thus overwriting (=patching) existing level .rfas .
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

It showed up in my local "server" that I have BFSM in.

I noticed the 'Archives' folder is capitalized. Is it on a linux machine? No caps no caps no caps!!
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Doesn't even show in local dedicated server...the capitalized ARchives aren't a problem ;) . I think the problem lies somehow within the level files itself. If I copy a full map and then only change the MapID in it, it works. For some obscure reason it just doesn't read these map patchfiles...the big question is why not?