Adjusting the chase camera settings

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
fo0k

Re: Adjusting the chase camera settings

Post by fo0k »

They do look promising indeed! however I cant seem to get them to do anything yet. :/

in the soldiers/common/objects.con you can select which camera views are available in game for the soldiers but it there a similar file somewhere with global control over vehicles? or are all vehicles hardcoded to accept all views (except nosecam) ?
freddy

Post by freddy »

good question, i know the server commands many of the camera settings like "allow external views" "allow nose camera view in aircraft" etc and that you can change this on the fly with the remote, so it has to be somewhat dynamic.

come to think of it i tried that high resolution mod some days ago, and when playing that coral sea version i couldn´t use the rearview when flying around in a plane, this had something to do with the mod.
Swaffy

Re: Adjusting the chase camera settings

Post by Swaffy »

I'm sure you might have figured out the camera issue already, but this is what I did [This is coolest used on tanks]:
If used on tanks, you can turn your turret, and the camera will still follow the turret's direction while letting you aim in 3rd person view.

Note:

Code: Select all

rem 0/-/- = Right and left
rem -/0/- = Up and down
rem -/-/0 = Forward and backward
SImply move the 1st person camera to the back, top of the car. [Picture below]
If you only see a part of your car model, you need to change the car geometry from "L1" to "M1". [Picture below]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™