Adding bots to a dedicated server? BF1942

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
ToiletDuck

Adding bots to a dedicated server? BF1942

Post by ToiletDuck »

Hey,

Ive purchased a server for my clan and was just wondering how I can add bots to the dedicated server?

Ive tried searching google and even reading the manual but it doesnt state how you can add bots to BF1942!

I've changed the mode to Co-Op mode but I have no idea on how to actually add the bots, could anyone lend me a hand please?

Thanks! :)
Apache Thunder

Re: Adding bots to a dedicated server? BF1942

Post by Apache Thunder »

If you changed the game modes to the maps your server is running to Co-Op then you should already be having bots in the server by now. Also note the amount of bots you will have is determined by the max players your server is set to.

Also note I deleted the duplicate thread you made in the General Discussion section. You only need to create one thread for a single question. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
ToiletDuck

Post by ToiletDuck »

Nope thats the thing the bots are not joining...

The server host company has the maxiumum players set to 64 and the game mode is set to co-op but the bots arnt joining...

Does it make any different that the dedicated server is only running and not the full game installation?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

No it should not make a difference. The only way I can see the bots not showing up is when the server is in fact not running the map in COOP mode....

Have you tried uploading a custom maplist.con to your server? Also the bots don't "Join". They are not part of the player count so your server will report as empty even with bots in there. Only humans count towards the player count that you see in the server list. Have you actually connected to the server with your game? The bots will be there. They just don't show up in the player count. ;)
ImageImageImage
ToiletDuck

Post by ToiletDuck »

How stupid of me there I didnt even check was just checking player list!!

Sorry, I've also got another couple of questions, is it possible to set bots to say 22 instead of 63 when the player is a 64 man server?

Also is it possible to change the player status to actually show players playing in the server so real players actually join to play?

Many Thans :)
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Those questions I'll have to leave to the next person to answer unfortunately. I don't think there is away of limiting the amount of bots on your server without also limiting the amount players. Perhaps there is a way and I'm not remembering it right now. Sorry.
ImageImageImage
freddy

Post by freddy »

ToiletDuck wrote:I've also got another couple of questions, is it possible to set bots to say 22 instead of 63 when the player is a 64 man server
iwé only used this codeline when i added bots to conquest mode so i cant cant swear it will work in co-op, but may be worth a try.

Code: Select all

aiSettings.setMaxNBots 24
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

Yey, n1 freddy, it works! :shock:

I put that line in AI.con (in the map's root folder), with the value changed to 20, right below some other lines with "aiSettings.xxx" and started that map with 32 slots in COOP. Server and client running stable (did it SSM), 20 bots on the map, 32 slots given out by the server. :)
ToiletDuck

Post by ToiletDuck »

Do I actually need to edit the map?

Ive tried to put aiSettings.setMaxNBots 24 in my dedicated server maplist and serversettings.con also created AI.con file and popped the setting in but after reboot still getting 64 bots? :(
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

Put it in Ai.con in your map.rfa. Needs to be done for every map.