How I can remove EA and Dice-video from my mod

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Ruuga

How I can remove EA and Dice-video from my mod

Post by Ruuga »

I have a problem that I can't remove EA-games and the dice video from my mod. I've searched all the menu-files but I haven't found anything. Also I would want to change that intro-video to my own.
Thank you.
motoko

Re: How I can remove EA and Dice-video from my mod

Post by motoko »

Ruuga wrote:I have a problem that I can't remove EA-games and the dice video from my mod. I've searched all the menu-files but I haven't found anything. Also I would want to change that intro-video to my own.
Thank you.
You could try going to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Movies and deleting those that are in there, and maybe replace it with the intro you want?
Ruuga

Post by Ruuga »

No.. I don't want that because then everybody who wants to play my mod has to do the same thing. All the other mods don't have those videos.
motoko

Post by motoko »

Ruuga wrote:No.. I don't want that because then everybody who wants to play my mod has to do the same thing. All the other mods don't have those videos.
Alas, I was ignorant of that part and overlooked it. In DesertCombat, there's a directory (C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\DesertCombat\Movies). I suggest that you create a directory for Movies and put a file, with your intro, named intro.blk (it's what Dice put?). This would most likely cause a custom intro when your mods executable file is ran. Although, I'd rather have some people more, shall we say, in tune with Client Side Modding offer their opinions.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

On phone atm so can't check but it's maybe in the init file for the mod. I have seen the file that does this on a per mod basis.. Shouldn't be too hard to find. Interstate mod for example skips straight to menu so maybe look at that or another mod without the opening credits
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

In order to change the intro video you must both modify the startup.con file found in the game.rfa archive. (copy it to your mod from the vanilla files if you don't have one) and also add a line to your mod's init.con file so that the Play Intro button in the main menu will play your new intro as well:

Init.con file code to change to your mod's custom intro video for the Play Intro button:

Code: Select all

menu.setIntroMoviePath NameOfYourMod Mods/NameOfYourMod/Movies/Intro.bik
Change "NameOfYourMod to the name of your mod. Your intro doesn't have to be "intro.bik" since you can tell it to load a different file name. But Intro is the most common file name for the intro video. The command has two strings. The first one is the name of your mod, the second defiens the path to the intro video. Please note that the name of your mod must be the folder name your mod has, not the name your mod might have in the lexicon file!

To disable the EA/Dice logo videos, but keep your intro in the startup video list, copy the Startup.con file from the vanilla files to your mod and modify it as follows: (located in the game.rfa file)

Code: Select all

renderer.playBink Mods/NameOfYourMod/Movies/Intro.bik 1.0
(The secret weapons expansion pack is the only vanilla mod that uses this command. They probably created the command when this expansion pack came out)

Remove all other commands that load the other videos and leave the intro video string in with your modified path and time setting and then you can remove all the annoying logo vids but keep a custom intro video. ;)

Same as with last code replace the mod name in path with the name of your mod. The number at the end defines how long the game will force you to watch the video before you can skip it. The EA/Dice logo vids had a setting at or above the playing time of each video thus preventing you from skipping them. I think having it set to zero should allow for players to instantly skip it. Though I tend to put something above zero as I don't know if the video will play at all if it is set to zero. (since I haven't tested it at zero)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
freddy

Post by freddy »

or he could use the "-restart" string in the exe shortcut?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Well then his custom intro won't play at startup. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!