shaking tanks

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
freddy

shaking tanks

Post by freddy »

i raised the top speed just by a notch on some vehicles, but now the big vehicles like tanks for instance, is kinda shaking when you drive them and look out in first persons view. any one know why this happens and if there is any solution to make it stop wobbling?
Jeronimo

Re: shaking tanks

Post by Jeronimo »

Is this SSM or CSM?

SSM it's definitely because client and server data differ and thus the client's position is constantly corrected by the server.

CSM is could be due to torque and differential of the engine. Setting the differential too high (higher than torque) causes this shaking effect on planes, too, for example. Which value did you change to increase top speed?
freddy

Post by freddy »

it is SSM. the thing is i have done this before on boats and planes and never had any problem. also the jeeps seems to work fine with it.

Chi-ha orig values

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.setTorque 4
ObjectTemplate.setDifferential 4
Chi-ha with my modified values

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.setTorque 6
ObjectTemplate.setDifferential 5
mikex222

Re: shaking tanks

Post by mikex222 »

freddy wrote:i raised the top speed just by a notch on some vehicles, but now the big vehicles like tanks for instance, is kinda shaking when you drive them and look out in first persons view. any one know why this happens and if there is any solution to make it stop wobbling?
well i don't see why u have a problem with tanks... well any big land vehicles... but with boats and planes.
they all have turn forces
like maxwinglift or something like that... if u make a plane go faster the forces are therefore alot tougher...
sorry if this doesn't help or make any sense what so ever.

but i do know that with air vehicles that the faster they go the forces on the wings and flaps get alot stronger... this should result in turning real hard... but I've had it shake violently.
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.