How do you change the planes on a carrier in bf42?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Kuyong_Chuin

How do you change the planes on a carrier in bf42?

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

I have looked at the Final Countdown custom map for BFV_WWII_mod and found where they added the enterprise objects and added the run objects\objects line to the init.con file but no mater what I do to the map in BF1942 it don't change the planes. What am I missing to be able to change the planes on the carrier. Shoot even the planes on the ground are not changing for me I am totally confused by this. I'm working with a copy of the midway map as a test bed for a map I am planning so I really need to be able to change the standard planes on the carriers. :?
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
freddy

Re: How do you change the planes on a carrier in bf42?

Post by freddy »

theres some different ways to accomplish what you want, heres one

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.Active Enterprise_corsairSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 3 B17
ObjectTemplate.team 3
ObjectTemplate.MaxNrOfObjectSpawned 6
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

freddy wrote:theres some different ways to accomplish what you want, heres one

ObjectTemplate.Active Enterprise_corsairSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 3 B17
ObjectTemplate.team 3
ObjectTemplate.MaxNrOfObjectSpawned 6
Ok I added this code to my objecttemplate.con and I still have corsairs and sbd's instead of mustangs and my retextured bf110's which I can put on the ground fine but not on my carriers. That and How do I get troups to spawn on a PT out in open water?
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
freddy

Post by freddy »

well try this then, if theres still planes spawning on the Enterprise the code isn´t read by the game

ObjectTemplate.Active EnterpriseComplex
ObjectTemplate.removeTemplate 11
if this work you can use any spawner you have over from the OST.con, just change planes and preferences and then add them to the EnterpriseComplex where you want them

for spawning troups on PT is it a ssm or csm mod?
Kuyong_Chuin

Re:

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

freddy wrote:well try this then, if theres still planes spawning on the Enterprise the code isn´t read by the game

ObjectTemplate.Active EnterpriseComplex
if this work you can use any spawner you have over from the OST.con, just change planes and preferences and then add them to the EnterpriseComplex where you want them

for spawning troups on PT is it a ssm or csm mod?
I'll try this after I log off thanks. Right now it is csm but after I get both the bf42 and the bfv_WWIIMod versions done and all the bugs worked out then I can worry about getting help setting the mod up for ssm since I know nothing about ssm modding.
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

Looks as if it is not reading the map based changes on the carrier. The only way I got it to change the aircraft was to change it in the main object file. The problem with that is that every map that has the enterprise carrier now has those planes too. This is getting frustrating. That and I noticed even though I have 2 carriers on the map you can only spawn on one of them. I think I am screwing up the code map based somewhere.
freddy

Post by freddy »

if its only for one map you could use those "extra" carriers Hiryu and Hornet thats in the Coral Sea map, theýre in a Objects folder and should be easy to import
Kuyong_Chuin

Re:

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

freddy wrote:if its only for one map you could use those "extra" carriers Hiryu and Hornet thats in the Coral Sea map, theýre in a Objects folder and should be easy to import
Never thought about that, and the Hornet is one of the carriers that is needed for the map. Since on this map there will be the Enterprise which will have the fighters and sbd-t's and the Hornet will have only the B25 bombers on board. But in this case I'm using bf110's as a sub till I have the B25's ready. Ether that or maybe the JU88A it is right at the same size as the B25's were. I'f I can launch those off the carrier the 25's shouldn't be much of a problem. I'll check this out today. Thank Freddy.