Having more then 6 selectable handweapons/vehicle slots....

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Apache Thunder

Having more then 6 selectable handweapons/vehicle slots....

Post by Apache Thunder »

I manage to get 8 selectable handweapons working in a kit! How may you ask? By editing the Menu meme file for Ingame (the files you see at the root of menu.rfa that have no extension to them. They are edited using the Menu Editor from the MDT) and by adding a couple keys to the control map:

Code: Select all

ControlMap.create defaultPlayerInputControlMap
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIMenuSelect7 IDFKeyboard IDKey_7 c_CMNonRepetive
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIMenuSelect8 IDFKeyboard IDKey_8 c_CMNonRepetive
Only after placing that code in the mod would the weapons be selectable. Here is the result!

I got 8 handweapons on a kit in the DCGF mod. Pending further tests in muliplayer this appears to be the method for getting more then 6 weapons per kit. This may also allow for more then 6 positions in a vehicle too! You add those key assignments to the vehicle control maps too:

Code: Select all

rem *** Land/Sea Vehicles ***
ControlMap.create LandSeaPlayerInputControlMap
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIMenuSelect7 IDFKeyboard IDKey_7 c_CMNonRepetive
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIMenuSelect8 IDFKeyboard IDKey_8 c_CMNonRepetive

rem *** Air Vehicles ***

ControlMap.create AirPlayerInputControlMap
It's as easy as that. In theory you can have as many as 10 to 11 handweapons on a kit! I think issues might result if you go past 11. The detonator for expacks is on index 11 so I don't know what would happen if you put a gun or something on index 11 on a 11 or more weapon slot kit. :P

Once testing confirms this is stable in multiplayer. I can put together a quick tutorial on how to do this in the mod of your choice. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
freddy

Re: Having more then 6 selectable handweapons/vehicle slots.

Post by freddy »

this is just exellent!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Lolz just noticed that the slot 7 weapon icon is repeated on slot 8. Perhaps something I forgot to change in the meme files as I did make a weapon icon for both slots and slot 7 should say slot 7 and slot 8 should say slot 8. Cosmetic issues aside the only other bug that might not be fixable is the mouse wheel bug. It seems the added slots can't be selected with the mouse wheel. (you can highlight them, but nothing happens when you try to select them).

But then again, who uses the mouse wheel to select their handweapon anyway? :P

EDIT:

Checked the meme file. Yep forgot to update one of the nodes. All fixed now. So slot 8 displaying slot 7 weapon icon no longer occurs :D
ImageImageImage
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

Nice work! I'll be sure to a this to my mod. :twisted:
Pray hard, die fast
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

this is very cool. so how about the extra seats in vehicles? i want to make two 32 seat party buses.
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

This will be great if it works on vehicles and planes. 8-) I'll be able to add the right amount of crew for my B-25J plus have room for paratroopers on the bench seats I have in the plane. Crew of 8 plus the 6 jumpers setup as a mobile spawn point on the plane would be the just a pain in the rear for the other side. :lol:
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I haven't tested the vehicle PCO extra positions. I would imagine it would be hard to have a 32 pco vehicle seeing that you would have a hard time finding keys on the keyboard assign to all the positions. :P
ImageImageImage
POTAmatt

Post by POTAmatt »

Holy smoke. That rules! Nice work, as always! I'm looking forward to seeing how the bots deal with this. It outta be a simple PI select...