3ds max reset xyz axis

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
ike

3ds max reset xyz axis

Post by ike »

hi - im again with a litle prob...

after some scaling and detaching and attaching the origin 0 point of the model is moved. In the bc42 and in max, the static is hangin´20 meters in the air. how can i reset the xyz to the model? i selected one of the objects and the 0 Point is far away, if you select the boundle - its in the middle..hmm

http://s10.directupload.net/file/d/2179 ... 9c_jpg.htm

http://s3.directupload.net/file/d/2179/qla7v9en_jpg.htm
Kuyong_Chuin

Re: 3ds max reset xyz axis

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

ike wrote:hi - im again with a litle prob...

after some scaling and detaching and attaching the origin 0 point of the model is moved. In the bc42 and in max, the static is hangin´20 meters in the air. how can i reset the xyz to the model? i selected one of the objects and the 0 Point is far away, if you select the boundle - its in the middle..hmm

http://s10.directupload.net/file/d/2179 ... 9c_jpg.htm

http://s3.directupload.net/file/d/2179/qla7v9en_jpg.htm
If I am understanding your question do the following- Click on your Hierarchy tab (looks like a box with 3 smaller boxes under it with lines going to the smaller boxes) at the upper right side of your screen. Then click Affect pivot only. then ether move the pivot to where you want it manually using the move key and your mouse or you can click the center to object if that is better for you. After you get it where you want it unclick the button affect pivot only and go back to what your were doing.
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
ike

Post by ike »

many thanks again! really like this forums here - every answer is THE help. :D
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

ike wrote:many thanks again! really like this forums here - every answer is THE help. :D
You are welcome I've been using 3ds Max 6, 7, and 8 for almost 6 years now so questions like that one are easy for me. :lol:
If you realy want to learn max get a copy of the 3DS Max Bible in the version you are using it really helps. But then again I also have the books I used in college here too if I need them and other reference materials for use in Max. I'll see if I can put together some from the stuff I have here for you guys. Now finding out the correct setting to export them for this game I am still learning that myself. :roll:
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

ike wrote:many thanks again! really like this forums here - every answer is THE help. :D
lol thats funny... only others get help... i never lol :mrgreen:
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

mikex222 wrote:
You have not asked me for any help. Or I would help if I can. :lol:
mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

Kuyong_Chuin wrote:
mikex222 wrote:
You have not asked me for any help. Or I would help if I can. :lol:
lol... its just when ever i post something needing help... either nobody answers or it doesn't help any way lol...
nvm :lol:
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.