Using XPack maps to make new maps from them.

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Kuyong_Chuin

Using XPack maps to make new maps from them.

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

I wanted to make a copy of a map from R2R or SW and replace the objects with an all new layout just keeping the land and make a new mission from it but every time I try to open one of the XPack maps I get an error message saying it can't open it without permision from the map designer. Anyone figure out a way around this yet. If not that also tells me no one has converted them to the BFV-WWII-Mod unless they made a screenshot of the map and made a new one from scratch.
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
Apache Thunder

Re: Using XPack maps to make new maps from them.

Post by Apache Thunder »

Extract the expack maps with WinRFA or other rfa extractor/packer and repack it back. BC42 should then open it.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

Apache Thunder wrote:Extract the expack maps with WinRFA or other rfa extractor/packer and repack it back. BC42 should then open it.
Thanks Apache I'll try that as soon as I log off.
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

Kuyong_Chuin wrote:
Apache Thunder wrote:Extract the expack maps with WinRFA or other rfa extractor/packer and repack it back. BC42 should then open it.
Ok it didn't work it crashes BC when I try to open it after repacking it. I repacked it with both BGA and WinRFA and got the same result along with the file size getting bigger with both tools. winrfa increased the size of the file by almost 10 megs while BGA the increase was only 2 megs. shouldn't is be the same size as it was before unpacking and repacking since I didn't change a thing? :?
freddy

Post by freddy »

winrfa is not very good at compressing, theres another tool for that named "GUI_RfaPack.exe" or "rfaPack.exe"
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

lol WinRFA has no compression at all infact. I use the debugger with the help of batch files to do my rfa packing. Nothing beats using the game engine to pack your RFAs. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

Apache Thunder wrote:lol WinRFA has no compression at all infact. I use the debugger with the help of batch files to do my rfa packing. Nothing beats using the game engine to pack your RFAs. :D
I knew that the debugger found errors but how do you use it to pack files? Please explain :?