Possible coding errorafter adding new weapon Help Please!!!

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Kuyong_Chuin

Re: Possible coding errorafter adding new weapon Help Please

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

The Chaos Rifle is now properly working. The problem with the textures not showing up properly was due to two things it seems. First when converting the model it seems that ether due to something I did or something that happened during the conversion but the lighting true, lightingSpecular, materialDiffuse, materialSpecular, and the materialSpecularPower was changed from what it was from the start. I manually fixed all the rs files that were changed do to the conversion. Also the textures themselves had a problem with the alpha channels when I saved them at DXT5 so I had to redo the alphas and in some cases remove the alpha channel all together and save it as a DXT1 or DXT3 depending on the part. Don’t ask me why this had to be done this way; it was just the only way I got it to work. Some of the other model textures that are in game are the same way. The one model I looked at the textures for the base was a DXT1 the other parts a DXT3 and the Scope a DXT5. Go figure. Anyway I’ll be packing up complete package later today and uploading the file to the P3 server and posting a link to the file for those who would like a camouflaged silenced sniper rifle. It is up to you which projectile you want to use, the CAPIHE, the normal No#4 sniper round or the M1 round. Just change the projectile round line in the weapons object.con file.

I had to change the rs files so they all read like this one with just the file name at the top and the texture name at the bottom being differant.

Code: Select all

subshader "Chaos_Base_M2_Material0" "StandardMesh/Default"
{
	lighting true;
	lightingSpecular true;
	materialDiffuse 1 1 1;
	materialSpecular 0.0705882 0.0705882 0.0705882;
	materialSpecularPower 12.5;
	envmap true;
	texture "texture/Chaos";
}
PS the color is still a little off from the original textures but I can live with it being a little lighter and "yellower" than it suppose to be.
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.