How do you add the sniper scope?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Kuyong_Chuin

How do you add the sniper scope?

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

The title says it all. I want to add the No4 Sniper scope to the Type 5 add a silencer retexture it and after I finish modding it call it the ChAoS. Which stands for Covert semiAutomatic Sniperrifle

I saw someone added one to the M1 but the file is no longer there for me to look at to see how it was done. Does anyone ether have the M1 Sniper file or can tell me how to do it?

I've been looking at the No4 file but it is confusing me trying to adapt it to the Type 5. Please no video tutorials text only or text and screenshots please on a snail 26.4 kps dialup. That means download speeds of 2.6kps :oops:
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
freddy

Re: How do you add the sniper scope?

Post by freddy »

i took a look at the K98Sniper and there is

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.create SimpleObject K98Scope
ObjectTemplate.geometry K98Scope
i think maybe you could use that

then for the zoom

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.zoomFov 0.1
Kuyong_Chuin

Re: How do you add the sniper scope?

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

Thanks Freddy I'll try that. If all else fail I'll just attach the scope to the model the old fashon way and make a whole new texture from scatch for it instead of retexturing a copy of the original Type 5 dds file. That is if I can get the CS2 to flaten the UV map right instead of screwing up on me.
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.